Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images)August 5th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 5 (IANS) Debarun Mukherjee Sunday showcased a wide range of traditional clothing for both men and women, including layered skirts, high collared tops, pleated pants, saris and sherwanis at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week-Winter Festive 2012. The designer says his clothes are comfortable and wearable.
“I have used extensive printing because this was something which always interested me. Wearability and comfort are the most important things to me,” Debarun told the reporters after the show.
Singer Richa Sharma opened his show by walking the ramp in a printed layered ghaghra with a high collar top and said: “It was a pleasure to work with Debarun. I feel honoured to be a part of the show.”
“Gangs of Wasseypur” fame actress Richa Chaddha also walked the ramp for the designer and looked beautiful in a double layered ghaghra with black velvet waistcoat and churi-sleeved blouse.
“This was my first time in a fashion show. I had a lot of fun. When you are walking in something as gorgeous as this, you feel happy,” she said.
A Manipuri dance performance by Rinku Dutt was the high point of Mukherjee’s show, which was followed by Vaishali Shandangule’s collection called Reverb.
She showcased traditional wear in bright colours like blue, red, white and gold.
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- Anurag attends Kalki's ramp show - Aug 20, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Masked men steal hearts in multi-designer show - Sep 04, 2011
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Aditya Roy Kapoor chops hair to avoid being typecast - Mar 13, 2011
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Fashion goes beyond ramp; gets wearable, affordable (LFW Review) - Aug 08, 2012
- Gulshan Kumar's daughter makes 'fairy tale' debut at LFW - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: actress, black velvet, blouse, bright colours, dance performance, fashion show, gangs, ghaghra, high point, important things, lakme fashion week, manipuri dance, men and women, pleated pants, ramp, richa sharma, saris, sherwanis, traditional clothing, waistcoat