Walking the ramp is fun for me: Sharmila TagoreAugust 9th, 2012 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Veteran actress Sharmila Tagore, who walked as a showstopper for designer duo Ashima-Leena for the ongoing Delhi Couture Week (DCW) here Thursday, revealed that walking the ramp is something which she enjoys doing.
“For me, walking the runway is fun. It is a feel good factor when you get the instant reaction from the audience,” Sharmila said after the show.
The actress has walked the runway in many fashion events. This time, she opted for a red sari teamed up with a long jacket. She accesorised the garment with a “potli” (bag) in hand.
“I like the collection especially the colours. I was giving a running commentary to Ashima that these guys (Ashima-Leena) are good in their work. The collection was very good and lovely and meant for all those women who are not blessed with good heights,” Sharmila added.
For Sharmila, a question of wedding dates for her son Saif Ali Khan and actress Kareena Kapoor was inevitable but she declined to answer. Asked about what she will wear at the much-talked about wedding, her answer was a terse: “I haven’t decided yet.”
Starting with whites and creams, Ashima-Leena’s collection titled “Raag Rattan”, comprised lehangas, saris and anarkalis giving an option to the all those would-be brides.
The show started with live performance by Sufi singer Zila Khan who rendered some beautiful tracks including “Khwaja mere khawaja”, “Naino ki mat suniyo” and “Yeh jo halka halka”.
Talking about their inspiration, Leena said: “Our inspiration is Sharmila who is known for her elegance and royalty.”
- Sharmila Tagore to walk for Ashima-Leena at DCW (With Image) - Aug 05, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- I was skeptical about walking the ramp: Sharmila Tagore - Jul 25, 2011
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit turns 'devi' for Anju Modi - Aug 11, 2012
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Draping a sari tough for me: Bipasha - Feb 19, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (Lead with correction in second para) - Aug 10, 2012
- Buyers' resolute thumbs up to Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2011
- Couture week gets bigger, better; Madhuri to walk at opener (Curtainraiser) - Jul 21, 2011
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: actress kareena kapoor, couture, fashion events, feel good factor, halka, instant reaction, kareena kapoor, khawaja, leena, lehangas, live performance, saif ali khan, sari, saris, sharmila tagore, showstopper, those women, veteran actress, wedding dates, zila khan