Vice President greets people ahead of Independence Day, RakshabandhanAugust 14th, 2008 - 2:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 14 (ANI): Vice President Hamid Ansari today greeted the people on the occasion of Independence Day and Rakshabandhan.
In his message, Ansari has said that every Independence Day is a milestone in the history of our republic.
“Our country rejoices with pride at our national achievements. Let us take a pledge on this occasion to strive towards realising the dream of a developed India, where all citizens have the opportunity to live with dignity and fully develop their potential.”
“I take this opportunity to pay my respectful homage to our valiant freedom fighters who made supreme sacrifices for the cause of our independence. Let us celebrate by rededicating ourselves to secure for our nation its rightful place in the world,” he added.
Extending his greetings on the occasion of Rakshabandhan, the Vice President has said that the festival promotes the feelings of peaceful coexistence and harmonious social life by reaffirming our faith in the traditional values of love and protection.
“Rakshabandhan is celebrated all over the country by tying of Rakhis around the wrists of brothers by sisters, thus strengthening the fraternal bonds of affection between brothers and sisters. The festival promotes the feelings of peaceful coexistence and harmonious social life by reaffirming our faith in the traditional values of love and protection,” he said.
“Let us imbibe the ideals associated with this festival to foster the spirit of amity, harmony and goodwill in our lives,” the Vice President added. (ANI)
- Vice President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 12, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- President, Vice President greet people ahead of Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- Hamid Ansari greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- President, PM, vice president greet nation on Christmas (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Mahavir Jayanti (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- President Patil, Vice President Ansari greet people on Id-ul-Fitr - Sep 10, 2010
- President, vice president greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
Tags: amity, bonds of affection, brothers and sisters, dignity, fraternal bonds, freedom fighters, goodwill, greetings, harmony, homage, independence day, milestone, national achievements, New Delhi, peaceful coexistence, pledge, rakhis, rakshabandhan, supreme sacrifices, traditional values