Veggie Stella McCartney goes ballistic over her collection bra in fur adAugust 12th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 12 (ANI): Animal lover Stella McCartney has asked a fashion boutique to pull one of its adverts, as it shows a model wearing a bra from her lingerie collection while draped in a mink coat.
McCartney, who is an English fashion designer, was furious when she discovered that posh fashion house Hockley had used one of her designs in the Vogue ad without permission.
In the photo, a model was seen wearing a 6,450 pounds black and white full-length mink fur coat tied with a leather belt with just the bra on underneath.
Stella, 36, who has fallen out with pals Madonna, 49, and Kate Moss, 34, because of her hatred of fur and leather, now plans to sue Hockley.
Stella went absolutely ballistic when she saw it, the Daily Star quoted a source at Sir Pauls daughters boutique in Mayfair, London, as saying.
I have never seen her so angry. She hit the roof and said she planned to sue. She allows her accessories to be lent to shoots all the time, but she would never ever allow anything of hers to go to a fashion house that deals exclusively with fur.
If Stella knew it was going to be used by Hockley there is no way she would have lent it. It was loaned to a stylist in good faith, but when Stella saw the picture she was furious.
She said: It goes against everything I stand for.
She didnt see any proofs, she just saw the campaign. Its a monumental cock-up. Stella is disgusted, the source added.
Hockley has on the other hand admitted the mistake and said it would not repeat the advert, which cost the company more than 26,000 pounds.
Hockley is aware of Stella McCartneys views and is respectful of them, a spokesman said.
This was an unfortunate mistake. Hockley would not intentionally make anyone feel uncomfortable. Hockley both requested and was told that the item was a vintage piece and apologises for any embarrassment caused to Stella McCartney.
It is not Hockleys intention to use the image again, the spokesman added. (ANI)
- Stella McCartney to launch kids' clothing line - Sep 15, 2010
- Rihanna to work with Stella McCartney ? - Sep 03, 2012
- Stella McCartney opens her first Adidas store - May 30, 2012
- McCartney gets puppies' photo as wedding gift - Oct 18, 2011
- Mccartney to launch eco-friendly sunglasses - Oct 18, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow flashes bra at Fashion's Night Out - Sep 10, 2010
- Designer Stella McCartney urges Lohan to quit fur - Jul 20, 2009
- Stella McCartney urges Lindsay Lohan to give up fur - Jul 20, 2009
- Lingerie is foundation of woman's wardrobe: McCartney - Nov 26, 2011
- Stella McCartney Welcomes Fourth Child Reiley Into Family - Dec 02, 2010
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Stella McCartney denies teaming up with Morrissey for vegan shoe range - Dec 12, 2009
- Victoria Beckham to donate personal clothing for charity - Oct 02, 2010
- Stella McCartney says she's a guilty working mother - Apr 02, 2011
- Stella McCartney gives birth to a girl - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: animal lover, apologises, daily star, english fashion, fashion boutique, fashion designer, fashion house, good faith, hockley, kate moss, leather belt, lingerie collection, mayfair london, mink coat, mink fur coat, proofs, stella mccartney, stella mccartneys, unfortunate mistake, vintage piece