Vaseline launches a skin lightening Facebook applicationJuly 13th, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New Delhi, July 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Vaseline has launched a skin lightening Facebook application. The application is available for download.
The skincare product manufacturers launched the application in India for their users who want to lighten the skin of their profile pictures.
The company is promoting its current range of skin lightening products for men. This particular market has a huge potential, as in India people have a bias for lighter skin shade.
Vaseline is using Bollywood star - Shahid Kapur to promote the application on Facebook. The application promises to transform the face of the user. The advertising page of the application has two faces of Kapur and predictably one face is fairer, whereas the other face is darker.
Most dark skinned Indian men are clamoring for skin lightening products. Fairer skin is seen as ‘beautiful’ among some Indians who spend a lot of money on creams that promises to ‘whiten’ their skin. “We started campaign advertising (for the application) from the second week of June and the response has been pretty phenomenal,” according to Pankaj Parihar who works for the global advertising firm Omnicom, which designed the campaign.
Indian cosmetic giant, Emani, launched the first skin lightening cream for men in 2005. The product was called “Fair and Handsome”.
- Vaseline launches skin-whitening Facebook tool for India - Jul 13, 2010
- Indian men chase fairness creams - and create a growing market - May 25, 2010
- V-empowerment! New marketing mantra sparks new debate - Aug 30, 2012
- Chinese herbal medicine can improve skin-whitening creams - Mar 31, 2011
- DMAE Skin Cream Controversy Goes On - Feb 09, 2011
- Ozone Ayurvedics plans to double turnover - Nov 03, 2011
- Freida's skin tone not altered, says L'Oreal - Sep 29, 2011
- Facebook faces lawsuit over 'Like' button ad - Dec 20, 2011
- Chinese youth turn metrosexual - Nov 20, 2011
- Best Teeth Whitening Products: What One Should Know - Jan 06, 2011
- Beauty business thrives in Africa - Sep 18, 2009
- Genelia to endorse fairness cream - Jan 29, 2010
- Beyonce emerges with bleach-blonde hair, fairer looking skin - Feb 17, 2011
- Katrina is Natural White! - Sep 05, 2009
- Jacqueline Bisset To Endorse Avon Products - Aug 28, 2010
Tags: advertising firm, bias, campaign advertising, fairer skin, giant, global advertising, India, indian men, indians, money, New Delhi, omnicom, parihar, product manufacturers, skin lightening cream, skin lightening products, skincare product, two faces