Varun Bahl presents edgy, unconventional line at WIFWApril 6th, 2011 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 6 (IANS) Best known for his silhouettes and cuts, designer Varun Bahl’s collection on the opening day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) used wool crepe, georgette, lace and leather to create an edgy, unconventional line with emphasis on volumes, curves and applique.
It was an amalgamation of fine trims, ruffles, folds and pleats in the hues of black and white.
Bahl’s demi-couture line for autumn/winter titled “Black Crescendo” had a wide array of smart kurtas, fitted tunics, chic jackets, corsets and dresses with oversized sleeves and exaggerated shoulders.
“The collection targets the contemporary woman who is feminine, mysterious and full of life,” Bahl told IANS after the show.
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Komal Sood creates flower-inspired collection for WIFW (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011
- Jacqueline dislikes Bollywood celebs on the ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Back to future - with digital, classic leggings - Apr 12, 2011
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Waistlines rose, beaded pieces ruled Indian fashion (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- Power dressing makes a comeback; flounce is out for women (With Images) - Mar 26, 2009
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: amalgamation, asian news, autumn winter, bahl, contemporary woman, corsets, couture, crepe georgette, crescendo, curves, hues, india fashion week, kurtas, opening day, pleats, shi, silhouettes, trims, vm, wills lifestyle india fashion week