Valentine’s Day Romantic GetawaysJanuary 31st, 2010 - 9:03 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
By Angela Kaye Mason
Jan 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In my search for Unique and affordable Valentine gifts, I mentioned that with the economy as slow as it is, and everyone hurting for money, going away for a weekend holiday seemed to be unattainable. I came across a few ideas that I hoped maybe some of you would be able to take advantage of, and I thought I would share them in today’s Valentine Article.
First of all, why not check out the hotels which are local to you. Even if you cannot afford to go out of town, you could get a room somewhere close by, and just “get away from it all.” Maybe pick up some champagne, bubble bath, chocolate dip and strawberries, and snuggle up with a romantic movie. Don’t tell any of your friends and family what you are doing, and just be together. A simple change of your daily habits, and “hiding out” for a couple of days together can be absolutely wonderful.
If you live in an area where it snows, then you could also throw in a little skiing, and end up by a warm fire eating smores. If you are in a warmer area, maybe the weather would be nice for a picnic.
For those who may have a little money that they can spend, but still cannot afford the pricey “Romantic Weekend Getaways” that are being advertised everywhere, perhaps a cruise is a good choice. Hotwire.com is featuring many different cruises which are pretty reasonable priced, around $200. Cruises to Mexico, Europe, The Caribbean, Alaska, and such are available and the prices are all marked from 25% to 75% off!
If you would like to plan a getaway, but have no idea where to look in your area, how exactly to find something nearby which will be classy, and romantic, then you may want to check out this website. Simply input your information and it will give you the choices that you have for the dates that you have picked.
In my search for a romantic getaway, I also discovered that several hotels and resorts are advertising “Twitter-Only” Valentine’s Specials, which means they are only available through their Twitter links. You have to follow the links in order to get the deals, and some of them are listed here.
- @BalHarbourFL This link offers savings of up to $800 for a five star luxury resort in Florida.
- @LandingsStLucia is offering it’s “Twitter Bells” package for wedding and honeymoon specials.
- @FairmontNewport these rooms start at under 200 dollars a night.
I am sure there are more Twitter deals out there, these were a few that I found for you to follow.
One other thing to keep in mind, that will save you money and perhaps save the day until you CAN afford the “Romantic Getaway” you both may be craving: Book reservations for sometime in the near future which is NOT a holiday. These “off days” are much cheaper, and easier to get reservations for. For Valentine’s Day itself, give a fancy box, with coupon for things such as massages, free dish washing, etc. When your Valentine thinks that this is all they are going to get…slip the last coupon out from behind you…a coupon good for a “Romantic Weekend” at whichever date you were able to get, or maybe for “the date and time of your choice” and then you can choose together where and when you can go!
As always, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Spread love, today and always, tweets B-Town - Feb 14, 2012
- Unique Gifts for Your Valentine - Jan 30, 2010
- Udaipur's Taj Lake Palace voted as India's most romantic hotel - Feb 09, 2011
- Star Struck Valentines - Feb 06, 2010
- Free printable Valentine Day's cards for the recession times - Feb 15, 2010
- Valentine's Day Deals and Gift Ideas - Jan 27, 2010
- Valentine's Day myths busted - Feb 09, 2010
- I find twitter so interesting: Gosling - Aug 15, 2011
- Valentine Treat Recipes - Feb 12, 2010
- Couples all set for Valentine's Day getaways - Feb 11, 2011
- Julianne Moore designs Valentine's cards - Jan 23, 2012
- Cellphone coupon to update public about Anna's programme - Mar 25, 2012
- Romantic poems for Valentine's Day - Feb 03, 2010
- Breaking free this Raksha Bandhan and Independence Day - Aug 02, 2011
- The smartphone apps guide to love and romance - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: angela, bubble bath, champagne, chocolate dip, couple of days, cruises, mason, picnic, romantic getaway, romantic getaways, romantic weekend getaways, s valentine, skiing, smores, strawberries, valentine gifts, valentine s day, warm fire, weather, weekend holiday