Two thirds of women crave for a perfect pair of denims!January 23rd, 2011 - 11:51 am ICT by ANI
London, Jan 23 (ANI): With boot-cut, flared, high-waist, straight-leg, slim-fit, skinny-all kinds of jeans on the block, it would seem as if there is a pair for every shape and size, but that’s not true.
A new survey has suggested that finding a pair of jeans that fits is the Holy Grail as two thirds of women admitted they have never found the perfect pair of jeans.
In fact, a third dread going shopping for them.
Meanwhile, men seem to be quiet comfortable sporting a pair of denims as just a third said it was difficult to find a good fit and only one in six hate shopping for them.
A fifth of shoppers showed willingness to spend more than 100 pounds on the perfect pair, and once they find them, they are reluctant to let go-80 per cent admitted they wear them until they fall apart.
Consumer research analysts, Mintel, conducted the survey.
“Jeans are a staple item in everyone’s wardrobe so it is little wonder we spend so much time finding the perfect pair,” the Daily Mail quoted Tamara Sender, clothing analyst at Mintel, as saying.
“But it can be incredibly frustrating and there can be a million different problems with the fit, whether they are too baggy, too high, too short or too tight,” she said.
The survey of 1,752 consumers found that women over 55 are likely to compromise style for comfort, while men look for designer labels and a hardwearing fabric. (ANI)
- Off with little black dress! Trousers are in - Jul 18, 2011
- Mintel Watch Survey Shows Time May Be Up for Wristwatches - Oct 28, 2010
- Female consumer choices in denim driven by national cultures - Jan 30, 2011
- It may be the end of time for the humble wristwatch - Oct 27, 2010
- A million kids worldwide addicted to Facebook - Nov 04, 2011
- Quarter of Brit women are size 18 or above - Aug 13, 2010
- 1 in 3 UK adults say high street stores are still sexualising girls - Feb 06, 2011
- Cell phones edging out wrist watches in telling time - Oct 27, 2010
- Queen's underwear supplier unveils UK's biggest bra - the 48N cup - Apr 02, 2011
- 3 out of 4 women don't like to purchase 'dry clean only' clothing - Jan 16, 2011
- Now, PajamaJeans-the next level of lazy fashion! - Mar 06, 2011
- 50pc of Brit women over 55 log on to Facebook - Oct 18, 2010
- Traditional British tea brewing in decline as trendier brews are preferred - Mar 25, 2011
- Traditional pot pourri is dying as Brits spend millions on air fresheners - Feb 05, 2011
- Traditional fabrics turn sensual in Tahiliani's show - Sep 03, 2011
Tags: consumers, daily mail, denims, designer labels, dread, fabric, going shopping, holy grail, london jan, mintel, new survey, pair of jeans, perfect pair, research analysts, shoppers, straight leg, tamara, two thirds, wardrobe, willingness