Turn the clock around, gift your dad cosmetic treatment (June 17 is Father’s Day)June 15th, 2012 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Wondering what to gift your dad this Father’s Day? Men are becoming look conscious and don’t mind going for cosmetic treatments to enhance their looks. So, gift your dad a makeover package and it won’t pinch your pocket either.
Bollywood plays a big role in influencing people’s mindsets Thanks to stylish dads like Anil Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan who know how to look younger even in their late 40s and early 50s, many want to follow suit.
According to Jamuna Pai, a cosmetologist based in Mumbai, nowadays men are very particular about their looks.
“Everybody wants to have perfect glow and they want to have the perfect lines and curves. Not only women, even men have become very particular about their looks,” Pai told IANS.
The most common problem men face are creases on the forehead, wrinkles near the eyes, droopy eye-brows and an irregular jaw line.
“Men mostly get worried about their forehead lines, wrinkles, fading glow with age. With Father’s Day just round the corner we are receiving calls from children who want to gift different cosmetic treatments to their fathers,” Mumbai-based cosmetologist Rashmi Shetty told IANS.
A simple and efficient non-surgical treatment with dermal filler and Botox can give your dad a crisp, clean look without the sting and swelling.
There is Juverderm, hyaluronic acid based gel that can help in keeping skin hydrated and making men look youthful.
Talking about the change, Chytra V. Anand, a Bangalore-based cosmetologist, said people should go for such treatments.
“In the recent past, we have seen a visible change. Men have become very choosy when it comes to their appearance - be it clothes or physically. Everybody wants to leave a long lasting impact on the other person. Such treatments takes only a quarter of an hour. A scar-less, hassle free and near painless procedure is worth trying out,” she added.
According to experts, such filler treatment lasts a year and since the treatment is completely non-surgical, scars are not a concern.
When it comes to pricing, normally, fillers like Juverderm costs Rs.25,000 per syringe, Botox Rs.400 per unit and other treatment ranges from Rs.15,000 to Rs.25,000.
So, if you have been thinking about gifting your dad a correction treatment to iron out his forehead wrinkles and fine lines don’t waste anymore time. Just go for it.
Arushi Nigam, a 27-year-old living in Kolkatta, has already planned to gift his father a youthful makeover.
“This Father’s day I wanted to try something different from the usual gifting items so when I got to know about such cosmetic treatments available in market, I thought of going for it . My father has long working hour so he hardly gets time to take care of his looks so I think this can be perfect gift fro him,” Nigam told IANS.
(Nivedita Sharma can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lips to nose, cosmetic packages boom for Valentine's Day - Feb 07, 2012
- Fashion week around, models go for quick fix treatments - Sep 17, 2010
- Looking young with dermal fillers - Sep 13, 2011
- Botox brides! To wed, 30 plus women visit cosmetic clinics - Dec 04, 2010
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- How about a dimple on your cheek as V-Day gift! - Feb 11, 2010
- Megan Fox rubbishes botox rumours - Jul 10, 2011
- Take your dad back to 70s - gift him retro look (Father's Day is on June 19)(With Images) - Jun 17, 2011
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
- Surgeons weigh in on Demi Moore's 'youthful' looks - Apr 17, 2010
- UK mum injects 8-yr-old daughter with Botox to make her a superstar - Mar 24, 2011
- 'Human Barbie' gives Botox jabs to 15-year-old daughter - Mar 03, 2010
- Bruised Kim Kardashian quits botox - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, anil kapoor, change men, cosmetic treatment, cosmetic treatments, cosmetologist, droopy eye, eye brows, fading glow, forehead lines, forehead wrinkles, jaw line, men face, mindsets, painless procedure, perfect lines, problem men, saif ali khan, shah rukh khan, visible change