True Spa - a spacious spa in Mumbai (IANS Spa Review) (With Images)August 23rd, 2010 - 9:23 am ICT by IANS
By Shilpa Raina
Mumbai, Aug 23 (IANS) Think of Mumbai and you will imagine jostling crowds and cramped spaces - but when a spa boasts of a space of over 8,000 square feet, exotic treatments and facials, one just feels tempted to give True Spa a visit.
True Spa, which is a part of Singapore-based fitness chain True Fitness, also has a yoga centre, hair and beauty lounge, a fitness studio and a cafe under one roof in an area of 60,000 square feet which includes the spa section.
“Apart from the space, we believe in giving quality service to our clients and if you look at the treatments we offer…many of them are our speciality and they are excellent indeed in terms of results as well,” True Fitness India business development manager Nicholas Kraal told IANS.
“We consider ourselves as a complete fitness destination as we have everything under one roof. We are planning to open up in other cities as well,” he added.
In all, the spa section here has 14 rooms - two facial rooms, nine massage rooms and three VIP suites which are basically for couple massage. Each VIP suite has a jacuzzi as well.
The spa has a total of 13 therapists who are certified and have prior experience in this field. They have been given special training, Kraal said.
True Spa offers a full range of more than 30 services, including body massages, body scrubs, body treatments, face treatments and hydrobath treatments.
A customer can opt for treatments like sea essential remineralising bodywrap or sea essential anti-cellulite or may be some face treatments such as lumiere, purity and prestige marine dew.
But the therapist here suggests their signature massage “Twin Bodyworks” for relaxing muscles and rejuvenation.
In this, two therapists will massage you simultaneously in rhythmic harmony with the sweet almond oil. Their perfect hand movements and syncronisation will definitely amaze you as four hands will keep massaging till oil gets completely absorbed in the body.
At the same time, they focus on the acupressure points on the feet, hands, neck, lower back and the backbone - giving a very calming and peaceful sensation.
But, if you are used to dozing off in between body massage - this might not be the case here. As apart from legs, the two therapists work on different body parts which diverts attention and hence you are very much conscious and awake most of the time.
So for a change, this massage is definitely a must do, but if you want that sleepy feeling, stick to a single therapist massage.
Location: True Spa, 4th level, Crystal Point Mall, New Link Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai.
Duration: 90 minutes.
(Shilpa Raina can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Unwind with aromatherapy massage at Ishwar Spa (With Images) (Spa Review) - Jul 16, 2010
- Treat your feet with fancy massages at Seven Seas Evania (Spa Review) - Sep 02, 2011
- Summer ahead, pamper skin with Vitamin E massage (IANS Spa Review) - Apr 10, 2010
- Music in gyms - motivation or distraction? - Dec 01, 2010
- Ayurvedic spa packages ready for Games tourists (With Images) - Sep 15, 2010
- Boost your energy with plyometric exercise - Oct 15, 2010
- Spa culture catching on big way in India - Aug 09, 2010
- In winter, try the Balinese massage (Spa Review) - Jan 17, 2010
- Go for fusion massage at VLCC Skin and Hair Spa (IANS Spa Review) - Feb 13, 2011
- India's best spas rated, recognised (With Images) - May 18, 2012
- First time in spa? Try Swedish massage (IANS Spa Review) - Mar 03, 2010
- Spas grow as city slickers look for rejuvenation - Aug 14, 2010
- Massage is actually good for your immune system - Sep 09, 2010
- Thailand Breaks World Record for Largest Mass Massage - Aug 31, 2012
- Before V-Day, it's salon visit for women - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: body massages, bodywrap, business development manager, couple massage, cramped spaces, face treatments, fitness chain, fitness india, fitness studio, four hands, india business, kraal, massage rooms, perfect hand, spa section, sweet almond oil, true fitness, vip suite, vip suites, yoga centre