Treat your feet with fancy massages at Seven Seas Evania (Spa Review)September 2nd, 2011 - 9:00 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) What comes to your mind when you see offers like Hot Lava Shell Massage or Blueberry Cheesecake or Chocolate Fondue on a spa menu? A relaxing treat for your body with drooping chocolate and yummy cheesecake, is it? Well, not really - these are just exotic names of foot massages that will leave your feet happy.
Amid a plethora of spas in every nook and corner of the city, Defence Colony’s Seven Seas Evania Spa offers a range of foot massages by taking inspiration from around the globe. They offer Hot Lava Shell massage selected from the Philippine Islands, Volcanic Hot Stone massage from Japan, Hot Bamboo massage from Thailand and so on.
The fancy names are just to attract attention, you are told, as Seven Seas Chief Operating Officer (COO) Arpit Sharma suggests to you to go for Blueberry Cheese Cake, the hot seller.
Once you enter the spa, the fragrance of aromatic oils fills the nostrils and the pristine white ambience serves as a balm for a tired mind. Soothing meditational music and aromatic candles add to the comforting atmosphere.
As you leave the reception area, you enter a dimly-lit room with five comfortable couches, brass oval-shaped lamps and golden transparent curtains — tickling your senses and your feet itch for that pampering.
The curtains are the dividers between two couches and each section has a horizontal mirror on one side of the wall.
And so begins the journey of cleaning the feet and leg up to the knee with water, followed with scrubbing. The therapist, slowly and in rhythmic motion, moves her hand pressing acupuncture points to relieve stress and tension.
This therapy is enriched with antioxidants and use of natural honey, Vanilla extracts, Olive oil and sweet Almond oil hydrates and conditions the skin, making it supple and deliciously silky.
This calms your mind. And by the time she massages your legs with a cream, you are already transcended into the dreamy world of solace.
You can opt to sip a herbal tea or else slip into the mode of nirvana and enjoy the blissful ride to an unknown world — till the therapist wakes you up and offers you a back massage. After that 10 minutes of twisting and turning which will give you a head-to-toe relaxation.
It doesn’t end here. Make sure to eat your share of dessert that will elevate your cheerful mood by a thousand times.
Asked why he decided to venture into foot massages, Sharma smilingly replied: “How many of us actually say thank you to our feet that carry the burden of our body weight? We find ways of pampering our body but ignore the feet completely.”
“The idea is (that) people can come, get their feet pampered, de-stress, relax and leave this place with a satisfying smile. If that happens, you know the effort was worth it,” he told IANS.
There are nine therapists, including three males, who are well-trained and guarantee a getaway to another world with their well-measured, accurate pressure.
The place offers everyday discounts to provide experience at best possible cost.
So, just the perfect time to say Happy Feet!
Location: 9, Defence Colony, Main Market, New Delhi. Landmark - Near Gola Sizzlers.
Duration: 45 minutes.
(Shilpa Raina can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Unwind with aromatherapy massage at Ishwar Spa (With Images) (Spa Review) - Jul 16, 2010
- First time in spa? Try Swedish massage (IANS Spa Review) - Mar 03, 2010
- True Spa - a spacious spa in Mumbai (IANS Spa Review) (With Images) - Aug 23, 2010
- Go for fusion massage at VLCC Skin and Hair Spa (IANS Spa Review) - Feb 13, 2011
- Combination of vanilla, chocolate for relaxed body, mind - Dec 27, 2009
- Book a date with dad on Father's Day - Jun 17, 2010
- Spas grow as city slickers look for rejuvenation - Aug 14, 2010
- In winter, try the Balinese massage (Spa Review) - Jan 17, 2010
- India's best spas rated, recognised (With Images) - May 18, 2012
- Ayurvedic spa packages ready for Games tourists (With Images) - Sep 15, 2010
- Today (30th July) is Cheesecake Day - Jul 30, 2012
- Spa culture catching on big way in India - Aug 09, 2010
- Fish therapy introduced in Chennai - Nov 27, 2010
- Summer ahead, pamper skin with Vitamin E massage (IANS Spa Review) - Apr 10, 2010
- Rejuvenating ayurvedic massage, the Kairali way (IANS Spa review- With Image) - May 24, 2010
Tags: acupuncture points, aromatic candles, aromatic oils, blueberry cheese cake, blueberry cheesecake, chocolate fondue, defence colony, dreamy world, fancy names, foot massages, horizontal mirror, hot lava, hot stone massage, hydrates, lit room, natural honey, philippine islands, rhythmic motion, spa menu, sweet almond oil