Treat for wine lovers, Chilean way (With Images) (Lead, correcting spelling)July 23rd, 2012 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) Chilean wine Valdivieso has entered the Indian market, and its distributor hopes to change the whisky-drinking nation’s taste.
Agnetta International, an India-based distributor of alcohol brands, launched a range of sparkling wine from the vineyards of Chile here over the weekend.
An increasing number of people are now more aware about wine drinking in India, making it a conducive market, says Komal Goyal, director, Agnetta International.
She suggests that unlike whisky, wine is easy on women drinkers.
“We see a very large market here. More and more people in India are getting educated in how to drink wine responsibly. We are whisky drinkers and whisky is not very palatable to women. Wine is a softer side of drinking that women can enjoy and be cool with,” Goyal told IANS.
Cristian Barros, ambassador of Chile, is happy with the brand launch here.
“Vina Valdivieso has been consistently the most rewarded Chilean winery around the world, obtaining the most prestigious awards in France and England among other countries,” Barros said in a statement.
The wine is said to be imported from the finest vineyards from Chile, and Goyal does plan on educating people more on wine etiquette.
“We are hoping that we can educate people about wine drinking because wine drinking is really sophisticated. You really don’t have to get drunk! We are hoping to bring experienced wine educators from the US and other countries to give good talks about how to pair wines,” she said.
- Treat for wine lovers, Chilean way (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Swig of spicy red Chile in Indian wine glass - Sep 21, 2011
- Now learn about winemaking at Nashik vineyards - Feb 24, 2011
- Chilean pension funds find Indian stock market attractive - Nov 25, 2010
- India awakening to wines, but pricing a problem - Jan 25, 2011
- Wine tours - a whole new weekend getaway (With Images) - Mar 02, 2011
- Indian-origin entrepreneur builds wine chateau in Argentina - Sep 06, 2011
- Great wine starts with the environment: Sula's motto (With images) - Jan 29, 2012
- Despite problems of matching, India's wine industry booming - Feb 05, 2012
- Tens of thousands march in Chile for better schools - Aug 29, 2012
- India will have to apply for extradition of hijack suspect: Chilean Ambassador - Apr 13, 2011
- Wine aficionados throng Pune wine tasting festival - Dec 12, 2010
- India-Chile trade to reach $2.4 billion - Mar 25, 2011
- Cheers! Karnataka to brew more wines for global markets - Mar 01, 2012
- South Africa pushes its fruity presses in Indian wine mart (With Image) - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: alcohol, ambassador, chile, chilean wine, england, images, India, New Delhi, prestigious awards, sparkling wine, spelling, valdivieso, whisky, wine drinking, wine educators, wine etiquette, wine lovers, wines