Top 5 Valentine’s Day iPhone Apps revealedFebruary 12th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 12 (ANI): Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and thanks to the advent of the iPhone and other smart phone technology, finding and staying in love has become easier.
“Never before in the history of humanity has it been this easy to connect with people live,” Discovery News quoted Alan Warms, the CEO of Appolicious., a Chicago, IL-based firm that reviews and rates iPhone applications, as saying.
“It’s the opposite of a lot of the early criticism about the Internet. People aren’t holing up inside their bedrooms with pajamas. The iPhone turns that on its head. For the first time, you can meet people easier than ever before in the real world, which is exciting and great,” he added.
Warms, along with Appolicious managing editor Brad Spirrison and Best iPhone Apps author Josh Clark, has picked their favourite iPhone apps to create the perfect Valentine’s Day.
Top 5 Valentine’s Day iPhone Apps
“Few current applications have the same buzz attached to foursquare. Available in iPhone, Blackberry, Palm and Android versions, this app promises to help you discover new people and places in your city.
The app uses smart phones’ location detection technology to “check in” at certain places — bars, coffee shops, restaurants parks, etc. — and connect with other app users in these locations.”
“Some say the way to a person’s heart is through his or her stomach. The tasty recipes of Conde Nast publications including Gourmet and Bon Appetit are easily accessible with the Epicurious app, a mobile version of the Web site of the same name.
Users can search through more than 30,000 food and drink recipes, sorting by main ingredient and type of dish (party snacks, healthy options, etc.). From there, they’re able to create grocery lists, e-mail recipes and lists to friends and use it as a read-along companion in the kitchen.”
3. Black Book
“Black books aren’t a thing of the past. They’ve just become sleeker, digital-based and password-protected. Vurgood Applications developed the Black Book app, which launched in Fall 2008 and boasts more than 250,000 users.
The app allows users to add names, addresses, phone numbers and even photos for past and future dates, and they can tag the best dates for future reference and easy sorting.”
“New England Confectionery Company’s Sweethearts app lets users send sugary gifts to their significant other. Simply type a message onto the screen, and it appears on the candy heart. Users can then send the creation through e-mail or upload it through Twitter to share their message with that special someone.”
“Perhaps best recognized as a notable Facebook trend, Someecards are a less-traditional way to show that special someone you care.
A companion to the popular Web site, the Someecards app launched in late 2009, and offers more than 3,000 cards for every occasion and holiday.
Boasting phrases like “I’m so grateful Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday so I don’t have to watch everyone’s flowers being delivered at work” and “You make me feel like a pudgy, naked, winged child has shot an arrow into my chest cavity,” these Valentine’s snarky e-cards are sure to produce a smile and a laugh. Users are able to then send the cards through e-mail to anyone in their phone’s address book.” (ANI)
- New mobile app developed to monitor data theft - Jul 06, 2012
- Use FourSquare to find new love! - Feb 14, 2011
- Now, a new iPhone app that counts calories from food photos! - Apr 12, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- Smartphones too smart for owners - Dec 26, 2010
- Facebook goes "Places"! - Aug 24, 2010
- New array of smartphone apps to help you spot singles! - Jan 22, 2011
- BlackBerry stock sinks as new device is no iPhone 4 'killer' - Aug 04, 2010
- Now withdraw cash with your phone - Jun 13, 2012
- Apple removes spam message app from App Store - Jul 06, 2012
- Free app 'Park Patrol' alerts drivers of lurking parking officers - Jan 11, 2011
- Now, download divorce advice using new iPhone app! - Apr 15, 2011
- Now, group messaging apps on smartphones to connect 'real friends' - Mar 17, 2011
- Starbucks debuts iPhone, BlackBerry app for faster payments - Mar 02, 2011
- Beware of Valentine's spam, warns IT security firm - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: black books, coffee shops, conde nast publications, detection technology, discovery news, e mail, epicurious, food and drink recipes, grocery lists, healthy options, iphone, iphone apps, josh clark, mail recipes, main ingredient, mobile version, party snacks, phone technology, tasty recipes, valentine s day