Tips to stay happier at workOctober 24th, 2010 - 3:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 24 (ANI): Experts have offered a few tips on how one can make his or her occupation and workplace more enjoyable.
Tom and Dian Griesel, the co-founders of The Business School of Happiness (www.businessschoolofhappiness.com), studied various ways people can improve satisfaction with their lives including their hours on the job.
The two offered the following considerations:
Make a list of the steps you can take to become more productive and carry them out.
Focus on the most important task at hand and attempt to finish it before moving on.
Avoid all Internet surfing while on company time.
Avoid chit-chat beyond what’s necessary to be social; save gossip for breaks or lunch.
Restrict your personal business to your personal time; if you have no exciting personal interests, you need to become more active and “get a life”.
Tom also says that lack of sleep will definitely hamper one’s mood, so at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep is required every night to recharge one’s system, so one can perform well.
And Dian says that improving one’s diet is also critical, as a better diet will improve one’s mood for both physiological and psychological reasons.
And the most important thing says the Griesels is to count your blessings, as in the current economic environment, the fact that one is employed should have a positive impact on one’s mood, even if the person does not believe the current occupation is the ideal one. (ANI)
- Healthy eating not only ensures good-health, but successful careers too - Sep 06, 2010
- New book reveals steps to lose weight without dieting - Apr 05, 2011
- Recipe for enjoying a later life - Aug 26, 2011
- 5 people you should avoid dating at work - Feb 15, 2011
- 7 ways your job could shorten your life - Oct 05, 2010
- 5 easy steps to pump up your heart - Jan 12, 2011
- How to keep stress at bay before wedding day - Oct 21, 2010
- Now measure your sleep pattern with wireless (With Images) - Jul 26, 2012
- Watch what you eat this Diwali! - Oct 22, 2011
- Workplace myths debunked: 9 things you should never assume at work - Jan 25, 2011
- Maldives or Uzbekistan - where's your exotic honeymoon? - Oct 09, 2011
- Soon, your smartphone could reveal your every move - Feb 21, 2011
- Satyadev Dubey's theatre brought fierce Indianness to stage (Obituary) - Dec 25, 2011
- Office gossip can get 'slimy weasels' the sack - Jul 05, 2010
- Career Mistakes to avoid - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: blessings, business school, chit chat, company time, dian, economic environment, founders, gossip, griesel, happiness, internet surfing, lack of sleep, lunch, occupation, personal business, personal interests, personal time, psychological reasons, s system, satisfaction