The Eloise suite at the Plaza Hotel in NYC creates a buzzAugust 3rd, 2010 - 9:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York City, Aug 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Plaza Hotel in New York City has created a new suite in honor of “Eloise”, who is a character in Kay Thompson’s book with the same title who changed the color and pace of the popular hotel in the book.
Ace fashion designer Betsey Johnson who has made the news on so many occasions with her breath taking designs has created the suite. The suite is located on the hotel’s 18th floor and it would cost guests $995 per night. It comes with a huge king-size bed with tons of pillows, a small kitchen filled with pink glasses and candy. The suite’s walls are designed with zebra-print carpet and a wall with pink strips.
Shane Krige, who is the general manager of the hotel said it was a dream come true to finally have an Eloise suite, as the name has been synonymous with the Plaza Hotel for a long time. “We’ve been wanting to have an Eloise suite for such a long time. Eloise is a big a part of the hotel history and Betsy understands Eloise perfectly. She’s got her in her head,” according to Shane Krige, who is the Plaza’s general manager.
Guests can book the suite from August 16th and there are two spare rooms attached to the suite for parents, who don’t want to lose the sight of their kids for a total of $2000.
- Betsey Johnson declares bankruptcy - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Psycho' star Janet Leigh's home on sale for $4.5m - Apr 15, 2011
- US' Parkside Hotels plans big in India - Jan 19, 2012
- Richards throws baby shower for adopted daughter - Jul 25, 2011
- The $35K a night hotel room in New York! - Mar 13, 2011
- Liz Hurley spotted with a plunging zebra-print dress - Sep 02, 2010
- Sydney hotel is first to offer personalised rooms - Nov 02, 2010
- Denise Richards adopts a baby girl - Jun 30, 2011
- Denise Richards proud of her daughters - Aug 07, 2012
- Taylor Swift to buy $3.5 mn mansion? - Apr 24, 2011
- 'Sex and the City' author shading new book with glimpses of India - Jan 29, 2011
- London hotel unveils new Jimi Hendrix-themed suite - Sep 11, 2010
- Numb3rs star David Krumholtz marries Vanessa Britting - May 23, 2010
- Mariah Carey pens song for Obama - Jun 17, 2012
- Landslip threat forces Shimla's heritage hotel to close - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: ace, betsey johnson, buzz, candy, carpet, eloise, fashion designer, hotel history, hotel in new york, kay thompson, king size bed, new york city, occasions, pillows, pink glasses, plaza hotel in new york, plaza hotel in new york city, shane, zebra, zebra print