The 9 magic mantras to reclaim your sex lifeJanuary 15th, 2009 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 15 (ANI): If the credit crunch managed to limp your sex life last year, then here are nine tips from an expert to help restore those lost charms in the bedroom.
Dr. Ian Kerner, a New York City-based sex therapist, said that recession had taken its toll on people in general who were subsequently having less sex.
“Fifty million people are stuck in a sex rut. The economy inhibits a person’’s libido because they feel stressed and depressed, Fox News quoted Kerner as saying.
The author of “Love in the Time of Colic: The New Parent’’s Guide to Getting It On Again” has proposed nine ways to help those looking to give a boost to their passion.
9 Ways to Reclaim Your Sex Life:
1. Just go ahead with it: It might sound silly, but just have more sex. Your mind has become habituated to not having sex, so its hard to break out of it. You have to reconnect.
2. Connect with each other: You cant just turn sex on when its time to go to bed You need to build that sense of connection.”
3. Stay positive: Studies show that for couples to boost their sex life, they have to be positive. Its easy to go home and talk about mortgages and bills, but if it leads to a negative cycle of communication, figure out a positive form of communication.
4. Prioritise your relationship: Couples are spending more time on Facebook and blogs. The next thing you know its 11:30 p.m. and its too late for sex. Theres no urgent need to check your BlackBerry your relationship has to be a priority.
5. Adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle: “It’’s easy to binge at the end of December with the holiday eating and drinking. Get healthy and remain healthy. It will increase your sex drive, and exercise will boost your self-esteem, which is crucial to enjoying sex.”
6. Reveal fantasies: In sex, you often do the same things, rely on the same moves. Share a fantasy. Or, if you feel your partner is lacking in attentiveness, instead of criticizing, express it in a sexy way.
7. Lend a helping hand: A lot of women arent interested in sex because they have other things on their minds like chores, dirty dishes, and men cant always appreciate that aspect. If men help and create an environment where women want to have sex, thats really important.
8. Be honest: One of the benefits of being in a relationship is that sex isnt perfect guys are subject to their issues, women are subject to theirs. If in 08 you were saying something didnt matter, [maybe] it does in 09. Sex changes from year to year and 09 is a new year.
9. Create the right environment, the love nest: Put a little more energy into your surroundings. Create a surrounding that appeals to your senses. (ANI)
- Find Out How Healthy Your Sex Life Is - Jan 08, 2011
- Here's how you can perk up your sex life - Mar 09, 2011
- 10 golden rules to keep romance alive in relationships - Sep 03, 2010
- Evans takes therapy help to cope with fame - Jul 29, 2011
- How to bring back the 'zing' in your sex life - Aug 27, 2010
- Top 9 sex-related myths busted - Dec 10, 2010
- Cheryl Cole supports same-sex marriage - Jun 16, 2012
- First time sex boosts self image for men, not women - Mar 24, 2011
- Morning sex 'can improve your health and mood' - Jan 28, 2011
- Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- It's official! Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- A woman's guide to age-proofing health - Jan 19, 2011
- I'm terrible at dating: Daniel Radcliffe - Jan 07, 2012
- What to Expect Before You're Expecting - Jun 04, 2010
- Rainbow bookshelf: The queer story, now in print (Feature) - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: attentiveness, binge, charms, credit crunch, cycle of communication, dr ian, enjoying sex, facebook, fantasies, fox news, having sex, healthy lifestyle, ian kerner, libido, mantras, nine ways, recession, sex drive, sex life, sex therapist