Terri Irwin plans to turn Australia Zoo into Disneyland-like safari parkMarch 20th, 2008 - 12:34 pm ICT by admin
Sydney, March 20 (ANI): ‘Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s widow Terri has announced that she is planning to transform her late husband’s Australia Zoo into an international tourist mecca.
“(We) want to be ‘Destination Australia’ - kind of like that Disney feel where a lot of Australians go and see Disneyland and then (ask) what else is there to do?” news.com.au quoted her as saying, at a breakfast at the zoo on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
“So it will be so exciting for people to come here and be able to see the wildlife, spend the night, stay as long as they want, have the spa treatment and the guided tours and the experience and then be able to lash out and see the rest of Australia,” she added.
Terri also said that the project was likely to be completed in three to five years.
“I think it’s interesting that whenever I brought up the strategy of accommodation with Steve he would always say ‘Don’t even talk to me about that, that’s something that Bindi and Robert are going to have to worry about’,” she said.
“We find it just a bit emotional to think … it’s kind of come to fruition,” she added.
As regards speculations that Terri was planning to sell the zoo, she said that any report so suggesting was baseless.
“As far as reports that I’m going to sell the zoo I can say that when it comes to rumours and so forth no one really knows how they get started,” she said.
Terri also denied that there was a rift in the family, which compelled her father-in-law Bob to quit the zoo.
“I just can assure everyone that I love Bob dearly … he’s gone through so much grief losing his wife and his only son that I will respectfully just leave it at that,” she said. (ANI)
- Slash launches wildlife charity - Aug 24, 2012
- Crocodile Hunter's daughter, 11, wants to become Australia's PM - May 23, 2010
- Terri Irwin says she's not ready to find new love - May 30, 2010
- Bob Irwin explains his departure from Australia Zoo - Apr 03, 2008
- Irwins rift deepens over Australian zoo - Sep 30, 2008
- Bindi Irwin to make movie debut in Free Willy 4 - Mar 21, 2009
- Crocodiles ride ocean currents to cross large areas of open sea - Jun 08, 2010
- Terri Irwin's team confronts women's mags - Feb 28, 2008
- Crocodile hunter hid pain and suffering, says father - Apr 07, 2008
- Clooney's idyllic Italian villa turns into tourist site - Nov 12, 2010
- Bindi Irwin names tree after late father Steve - Jun 07, 2008
- Oz granddad's shock over pic of granddaughter wrapped by snake - May 28, 2010
- Urvashi as Komolika again! Albeit in positive avatar (With Images) - Jan 30, 2012
- Terry Irwin selling Australia Zoo to relocate to the US? - Mar 17, 2008
- Lata Mangeshkar joins Javed Akhtar's fight for copyright - May 20, 2012
Tags: australia zoo, australians, bindi, crocodile, crocodile hunter steve, crocodile hunter steve irwin, destination australia, disneyland, fruition, grief, international tourist, mecca, news com au, safari park, spa treatment, speculations, sunshine coast, sydney march, terri irwin, tourist mecca