Terminator-Style Contact Lenses to be available soonNovember 23rd, 2011 - 9:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Welcome to the future! A new computerized contact lens keeps you updated with information. The Terminator-styled lens, when it is finally made available to the public, will almost eliminate the need to pause when reading data.
The data will be automatically brought in front of the eyes. The inventor is planning to add a chip which will collect vital medical data from the user. Scientists say they have tested the prototype on rats and there were no health problems for the animal.
The lens was designed by scientists led by University of Washington’s Professor Babak Parviz. He told the Daily Mail that, “We have got a rudimentary display with one dot. If you had several dots, you could maybe create arrows, to give people directions.”
Future application of the lens will include incorporating television and uploading other data to a person on the go. It is obvious that there will be a need for the inventors to provide a way to switch the feed off.
Professor Parvis promised that the lens will be capable of providing vital health information. He said that, “The surface of the eye is covered in live cells and the body has to keep them alive, so they are in direct contact with the bloodstream.”
- Coming soon, contact lenses with built-in virtual graphics - Nov 14, 2009
- Blinding amoeba targets contact lens users - Sep 07, 2012
- Single lens produces 3D microscopic images - Mar 22, 2011
- Engineers invent lens for 3D microscope - Mar 22, 2011
- New drug delivery patch to treat many more ailments sans painful pricks - Sep 02, 2010
- New method to fight bacterial infections linked to contact lenses - Jan 26, 2011
- India battles staggering tuberculosis burden (March 24 is World TB Day) - Mar 23, 2011
- Flyover, showers mark start of London 2012 opening show - Jul 28, 2012
- Experts devise 'defence' against Facebook spying - Dec 05, 2011
- 'Young women place looks above health' - Aug 14, 2012
- Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' can damage eyes - Jul 20, 2010
- Healthier women tend to produce twins - May 11, 2011
- New ultrathin flat lens for the perfect image - Aug 26, 2012
- Scientists develop electrical circuits that run entirely from power in trees - Sep 09, 2009
- WWW2011: Focusing on internet's next billion users - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: arrows, babak, bloodstream, contact lens, contact lenses, daily mail, direct contact, dots, health information, health problems, inventor, inventors, parvis, prototype, rats, reading data, terminator, vital health, vital medical data, welcome to the future