Tendulkar ruled out of Sri Lanka ODI seriesAugust 11th, 2008 - 6:24 pm ICT by ANI
Rajkot (Gujarat), August 11 (ANI): Sachin Tendulkar is ruled out of the five-One Day International (ODI) series in Sri Lanka , after injuring his left elbow during the ongoing third Test match in Colombo .
Tendulkar had also missed last month’’s Asia Cup in Pakistan because of injury but was later recalled for the one-day series against Sri Lanka .
Secretary of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Niranjan shah announced in Rajkot on Monday that S. Badrinath would replace Tendulkar.
Sachin is now not available for the one day series due to injury and therefore, the selection committee has replaced him with Badrinath and even Ishant Sharma is injured but we had already rested him for the ODI against Sri Lanka and we are hopeful he will recover during this period, said Shah.
Shah also added that any player found unfit ahead of the ODI series would also be replaced. Indian team is presently attending a practice session in Bangalore ahead of the ODI series.
The players who are going for the series to Sri Lnaka, they will have their fitness test today and if anybody is found unfit he will be dropped from the team for the upcoming series, added Shah.
The five- match ODI series between India and Sri Lanka will begins on August 18.
Squads for ODI series against Sri Lanka: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Yuvraj Singh (vice-captain), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh, Virat Kohli, Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar, R.P. Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Irfan Pathan, Parthiv Patel, Munaf Patel. (ANI)
- Gambhir to lead in T20, ODIs in absence of Dhoni (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Tendulkar opts out; Sehwag, Zaheer back for Lanka tour (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Gambhir, Yuvraj ruled out from West Indies series - May 27, 2011
- Rohit out, Chawla in: No other surprises in World Cup squad (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Mithun replaces Praveen in Test squad for Australia tour - Dec 06, 2011
- Gambhir named captain for West Indies ODI series - May 13, 2011
- Tendulkar, Zaheer back in India's ODI squad since World Cup - Jan 15, 2012
- Yuvraj dropped, Pujara drafted in Indian Test squad (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Tendulkar, Zaheer back in ODI fold, Irfan retained (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Toe injury rules Tendulkar out of ODI series - Sep 05, 2011
- South Africa to bat first in fourth ODI - Jan 21, 2011
- Tendulkar out of South Africa series, Parthiv to fly in (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Six changes in India squad for England, Sehwag to join later - Jul 02, 2011
- ODIs: Sehwag to lead India against Windies, Dhoni rested - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: asia cup, badrinath, gautam gambhir, harbhajan singh, india bcci, irfan pathan, mahendra singh dhoni, munaf patel, odi series, ojha, parthiv patel, pragyan, praveen kumar, r p singh, rohit sharma, suresh raina, test match, virender sehwag, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan