Tata AIG General teams up with cleartrip.com to offer travel insuranceAugust 27th, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Aug 27 (ANI/Business Wire India): Cleartrip, India’’s favorite online travel portal has teamed up with Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd. (Tata AIG General) to offer domestic travel insurance solutions to its customers.
This new product, called ”TravInsure”, can be purchased by customers through a simple tick while making their domestic airline bookings.
TravInsure covers Cleartrip travelers against the following pitfalls of modern day travel:
– Flight delays
– Medical expenses incurred while traveling
– Lost baggage
– Flight cancellations due to sickness, injury or Death.
The policy can be bought online for just Rs. 129 per round trip. The policy is valid for the duration of a round trip cross-sector travel or 30 days from the date of booking.
Cleartrip now offers travel insurance to meet the changing needs of the Indian consumer.
Speaking about TravInsure Noel Swain, Vice President, Marketing Cleartrip, said: “At Cleartrip, we always try to add more value to the services we offer to our customers. This initiative will ensure that travelers feel safe and secure while using our services. And what better partner than Tata AIG General which offers excellent quality in their travel insurance products.”
Commenting on the association, Gaurav D. Garg, Managing Director, Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd. Said: “We are delighted to tie up with Cleartrip to offer a meaningful yet an inexpensive product to their customers. As modern India takes to the skies, it is becoming increasingly important to offer greater value to customers. With this partnership Tata AIG General has consolidated dominance in the space of Domestic Travel Insurance in addition to leadership in overseas Travel Insurance.”
The TravInsure policy will cover damages ranging from Rs1,500 to Rs 7,50,000. (ANI)
- Cleartrip launches EMI payment option - Jul 27, 2011
- Reliance launches online life insurance product - Jun 20, 2012
- Tata AIG ties up with Citibank for Premium - Aug 06, 2009
- Indian insurers asked to spread wings abroad - Jul 06, 2012
- Indian travellers are spoilt for choice - May 26, 2011
- IPO norms to be out once valuation method is finalised: IRDA chief - Sep 15, 2011
- IRDA to contest SEBI order (With SEBI bans 14 insurance companies from selling ULIPs) - Apr 10, 2010
- HDFC Standard Life to consolidate gains of direct sales force - Mar 08, 2012
- GIC having a relook at obligatory reinsurance contracts - Aug 17, 2012
- Insurance industry to be worth $400 bn by 2020: Report - Apr 10, 2011
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,500 crore premium by 2014-15 - Sep 03, 2012
- MakeMyTrip scouts for acquisitions in Asia Pacific - Jun 08, 2011
- Chola MS targets Rs.900 crore premium in 2010-11 - Jul 16, 2010
- IRDA asks life insurers to defy SEBI ban (Lead) - Apr 11, 2010
- BankMuscat goes online with Nucleus software product - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: airline bookings, cleartrip india, domestic travel insurance, flight cancellations, general insurance company, modern india, overseas travel insurance, tata aig general insurance, travel insurance products, vice president marketing