Tarun Tahiliani enters the tech spaceJuly 18th, 2012 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) After giving some remarkable trends to the fashion world, ace designer Tarun Tahiliani has now forayed into technology. He has designed a limited edition television sets in collaboration with Vu TV.
The Tahiliani designed TV set is titled “Vu - Tarun Tahiliani Couture TV” and will be unveiled at the fourth edition of the Tarun Tahiliani Couture Exposition July 25-28.
“Televisions are now such a big part of everyone’s lives, so we wanted to create a TV that was a thing of beauty even when it was turned off. We wanted to create an object of desire that isn’t just functional,” Tahiliani told IANS.
When asked about the design aesthetic, the designer says that the design will be subtle and elegant.
“I love working with (net) jali’s or unusual ornamental patterns constructed through the use of calligraphy and geometry, and I thought this was the perfect canvas. The VU Technologies TV is also designed with latticework in dull Swarovski Elements making it subtle yet conversational”, added Tahiliani.
Devita Saraf, CEO, Vu Technologies said: “We believe in innovating and re-defining luxury electronics,” and that “the unique televisions emphasize luxury, opulence and a strong customer focus”.
- Tahiliani to reprise bridal couture extravaganza - Jun 03, 2010
- Make your cult in bridal wear: Tarun Tahiliani - Jul 25, 2012
- Tahiliani's Couture Exposition to start July 25 - Jun 28, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani launches his watch collection - Dec 06, 2010
- Now luxury awards by Vu Technologies - Jul 20, 2011
- Tarun Tahiliani Brings Luxury Brands To Bridal Couture - Jun 04, 2010
- 'Designers compromise on quality to bring prices down' (With images) - Aug 08, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani recreates wedding scene in shopping mall - Jul 24, 2010
- Tarun Tahiliani Bridal Couture to begin in Delhi July 8 (With Image) - Jun 15, 2011
- Trends don't work, says JJ Valaya - Aug 09, 2012
- Bridal couture extravaganza postponed to July 24 - Jul 20, 2010
- Tarun Tahiliani to design for Upasna-Ram Charan wedding (With Image) - Jun 12, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani to present WIFW grand finale - Sep 29, 2010
- Traditional fabrics turn sensual in Tahiliani's show - Sep 03, 2011
- 'Kamasutra' collection by Suneet Verma - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: calligraphy, customer focus, devita, exposition, fashion world, geometry, jali, latticework, limited edition, New Delhi, object of desire, opulence, ornamental patterns, remarkable trends, saraf, tarun tahiliani, television sets, televisions, thing of beauty, tv set