Taiwanese men told to squat when using public loosAugust 28th, 2012 - 7:19 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 28 (IANS) A special drive has been launched in Taiwan to teach men to sit down when they wee, especially while using a public convenience.
According to government workers, some of the country’s 100,000 public loos are smelly because of urine splatters, The Sun reported.
These workers are thus educating the men that it would be cleaner to perch on the toilet instead of standing up.
Signs are being put up in public places to urge fellas to change their ways.
Environmental director Yuan Shaw-jing said: “We want to learn from Japan and Sweden. In Japan, we heard 30 percent of the men sit.”
- Loo turns human waste into biofuel, fertiliser - Jun 28, 2012
- Now, a toilet to give instant health check! - Aug 27, 2010
- Bill Gates is investing in futuristic toilets - Aug 17, 2012
- British war veteran fined for peeing on war memorial - Feb 22, 2012
- Chinese jailed for swindling girlfriend - Aug 19, 2012
- '37 percent Delhi government school toilets very dirty' - Mar 30, 2012
- Indian firm gets Gates Foundation grant for `eToilet' - Aug 16, 2012
- On Mumbai's roadmap: Washroom for women every two km! - Nov 13, 2011
- Chinese province spends $4mn on toilets - Mar 22, 2012
- Row over Royal Mail's only for Muslim loos - Jul 31, 2010