Tahiliani’s Levi’s collection to be unveiled at IPLMay 22nd, 2009 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
By Fakir Hassen
Johannesburg, May 22 (IANS) South African Indian Premier League (IPL) fans will get the first peek at an exclusive range of jeans created by Indian designer Tarun Tahiliani for international brand Levi’s before they go on sale in India next month.
The range of bejewelled, printed and draped luxury jeans for women by Tahiliani will be worn by the finalists in the Miss Bollywood IPL South Africa competition, which forms part of the closing ceremony at the Wanderers here this weekend.
Tahiliani, who has been working with the finalists for the past two days now, said working with an iconic brand like Levi’s and being able to contribute to its legacy, was an extremely enriching experience.
“This collection is all about taking the jean we all love, and adding my signature style and pizzazz to it for modern-day divas,” he said.
Regarded as one of the most influential evangelists of Indian fashion over the last two decades, Tahiliani is renowned for his exuberant and richly detailed, structured drapes.
His clothes are worn by lovers of luxury around the world and his work has been showcased in New York, London, Milan, Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Moscow, Karachi and South Africa.
The new Levi’s range created by Tahiliani is set to go on sale in India next month.
Debbie Gebhardt, marketing director of Levi Strauss South Africa, said the Tahiliani collection presented an exciting new aspect to denim fashion.
“Through the ages, Levi’s has inspired iconic fashion. It is wonderful to see how well the Levi’s brand works in various expressions. It is also extremely exciting for our brand fans all over the world to see how versatile the brand is for any occasion,” said Gebhardt.
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani launches his watch collection - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Traditional fabrics turn sensual in Tahiliani's show - Sep 03, 2011
- Delhi gets its first fashion discount store - Oct 14, 2009
- Levi's unveils 'waterless' jeans for spring - Mar 23, 2012
- Jimmy Choo to work with Rob Pruitt - Apr 14, 2012
- India inspired design on sale at Sotheby's - Feb 14, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani returns to Indian craft, handloom - Mar 25, 2010
- Indian designers unfazed by Hermes sari plans - Oct 16, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Oprah asked for traditional sari: Tarun Tahiliani (With Image) - Jan 19, 2012
- Huntington-Whiteley bares for new Burberry ad - Jul 13, 2011
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: closing ceremony, drapes, dubai, evangelists, fakir, fashion through the ages, hassen, indian fashion, ipl, johannesburg, karachi, levi strauss, miss bollywood, peek, pizzazz, premier league, signature style, singapore hong kong, wanderers, york london