Swedish embassy to hold photography competitionJune 18th, 2012 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) The embassy of Sweden here has invited entries for a photo competition to celebrate Sweden-India bilateral ties, an official said Monday.
The photo competition “Swedish Innovations, Indian Interpretations” is organised as part of the sixth edition of the Sweden-India Nobel Memorial Week.
“The week is a celebration of innovation and creativity, emphasising that Sweden and Swedish companies have a long-term commitment to collaborations in India and Indian partners,” said the official.
The competition invites creative Indian nationals to artistically capture Swedish innovations in India through the lens of their cameras.
The last date for submitting photographs is Aug 20, 2012, and the finalist will be contacted by Sep 15 via email.
A jury consisting of eminent personalities will select the best entries, which will be exhibited at art galleries and get published in a photobook.
The competition finalist will be awarded a one-week trip to Sweden.
- Sweden to hold Nobel quiz in Bangalore - Sep 01, 2011
- Nobel menu card show comes to capital - Oct 13, 2011
- Impressed by Aakash, Swedish minister to meet Datawind CEO - Oct 18, 2011
- Photo on Delhi that made into final of Finnair competition (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Nobel Memorial Week begins in capital - Oct 22, 2010
- Now a table to perform virtual autopsies - Oct 21, 2011
- Mega art competition to coincide with Commonwealth Games - Jun 20, 2010
- Sweden to open consulate-general in Mumbai next year - Oct 19, 2011
- Swedish foreign minister in India - Oct 18, 2011
- Contest for press photographers launched - May 13, 2012
- GE Healthcare urges Indian scientists to compete for award - Jun 18, 2011
- Nobel Memorial Week strengthens Sweden-India ties - Oct 11, 2008
- Here's the art behind Nobel citations - Oct 30, 2010
- Much scope to increase trade, India tells Swedish firms - Oct 27, 2010
- Jatin Das, Dom Moraes capture Sweden's summer of '88 - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: art galleries, bilateral ties, celebration, email, embassy of sweden, eminent personalities, emphasising, indian nationals, indian partners, innovation and creativity, innovations, last date, New Delhi, nobel, photo competition, photobook, photography competition, swedish companies, swedish embassy, term commitment