Supermodels of the World contest now comes to IndiaMay 16th, 2011 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) If you wish to sashay down international runways, here’s the chance - international contest Supermodels of the World is coming to India for the first time on a hunt for the next supermodel.
The contest, an initiative of Ford Models, receives participation from over 50 countries. The winner will sign an international modelling contract with Ford Models worth $250,000. The two runners-up will receive contracts worth $150,000 and $100,000 respectively.
“In the last 31 years, we have discovered faces that went on to become legends in the world of fashion and glamour. India’s presence on the global fashion map is only increasing. We at Ford don’t want to miss out on this wave. We have tied up with Fever Entertainment to launch the India chapter of the 2011 hunt, and they have helped us rope in some of the biggest names in the Indian fashion fraternity,” Agnes Ponarska of Ford Models, said in a statement.
“Now girls from India will get a worldwide platform to showcase their beauty, and we are confident that Ford Super Model of the World-India is poised to turn many a head,” she added.
Post the nationwide auditions, 20 contestants will be groomed and trained by leading industry experts, following which they will be judged by a panel comprising big names from the industry.
The winner from India will not only get a chance to be a part of the international contest, but also a cover shoot with Marie Claire and a chance to walk the ramp at the next Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
In addition, select candidates will also stand a chance to be signed by Ford Models internationally.
Interested candidates can apply through the official website www.fordsupermodelindia.com for details on contest eligibility, rules and other participation details. The contest is open to women of Indian origin only, between the age of 18 and 23.
The auditions are being organised in Mumbai (May 23), Bangalore (May 25), Kolkata (May 27) and New Delhi (May 30).
- Delhi girls dominate Ford's supermodel final list - Jun 13, 2011
- Indian fashion industry can't afford me: Ujjwala Raut - Oct 16, 2011
- Here's your chance to catwalk in Paris, Milan - Jun 08, 2010
- Be Bollywood's 'Chosen One'! - Apr 18, 2012
- Sophie Turner says her 'real' butt is pure Oz goodness compared to Kim Kardashian's - May 11, 2010
- Pankanj-Nidhi head for International Woolmark Prize - Jul 20, 2012
- Naomi to judge modelling show - May 03, 2012
- International Woolmark prize comes to India, shortlists 10 designers - May 10, 2012
- Chance To Walk The Ramps Of Paris, Milan - Jun 08, 2010
- Tinu Verghis bids adieu to modelling industry (With Image) - Feb 21, 2012
- Tyra Banks Promises The Best Season Of "America's Next Top Model" In Cycle 15 - Sep 09, 2010
- First Fashion Week In Northeast To Be Held In Guwahati - Aug 07, 2010
- Ranbir to search talents through Facebook - Oct 14, 2011
- Foreign models shine on Indian ramp - designers tell you why - Mar 04, 2011
- World's longest catwalk at Denmark fashion week - Aug 15, 2010
Tags: coming to india, contest eligibility, eligibility rules, ford models, girls from india, global fashion, india chapter, india fashion week, indian fashion, indian origin, international contest, marie claire, model of the world, participation details, runways, super model, wills lifestyle india fashion week, world contest, world of fashion, worldwide platform