Style quotient at Oscars - hits and missesFebruary 28th, 2011 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 28 (IANS) The glamour quotient at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles saw Hollywood beauties walking the red carpet in stylish long gowns. But not all of them scored high on fashion meter. Here is a peek into their wardrobe at the Sunday night gala at Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre.
Gwyneth Paltrow wore a metallic-embroidered sheath dress by Calvin Klein and looked fantabulous on the red-carpet, whereas pregnant Nataline Portman, who also won her first Oscar for best actress for “Black Swan”, looked radiant in a plum gowm. She wore label Rodarte, reports telegraph.co.uk.
Even the petite “Black Swan” actress Mila Kunis flaunted her to-die-for body in a lilac floaty gown that went very well with her honey complexion.
The 43-year-old Nicole Kidman, who was nominated for the best actress role in “Rabbit Hole”, looked amazing in a white voluminous origami-pleat couture gown by Christian Dior Haute Couture.
A star can rarely go wrong in Marchesa, and Oscar winner Halle Berry just proved that. She wore a pretty and pouffy white gown with a restrained sprinkling of diamonds and that cropped hairstyle - she looked real stunner.
Plum seemed to be the colour of the night. After Portman, Scarlett Johansson chose to wear darker hue of plum and she carried Dolce and Gabbana fitted gown with a little-bit of lace with elegance.
Even Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai, who was invited as a guest to the gala along with her hubby Abhishek Bachchan, looked beautiful in a strapless Armani Prive bronze gown.
Sandra Bullock, who had won the best actress of 2010, looked hot in a bold and structured red gown by Vera Wang.
But the host for the night, Anne Hathaway’s red Valentino gown, one of her numerous oufits during the event, was a bit too much extra baggage on her with side ruffles representng an extra “hanger-on”.
Other actresses who went wrong with their choice of gowns were Penelope Cruze who wore a sparkling red L’Wren Scott that showed too much of cleavage.
Sharon Stone in Christian Dior’s black off-shoulder gown looked completely drab where as Jennifer Hudson looked good in her red Versace gown but the halter neckline was the culprit in messing up the entire look.
- Oscars: Fashion on the Red Carpet-Royal Purples & Fiery Reds - Feb 28, 2011
- Portman's Oscars dress sells for $50,000 - Mar 08, 2012
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Natalie Portman shows off her sexy side in new Miss Dior Cherie ad - Feb 25, 2011
- Portman new face of Dior - Dec 10, 2010
- Benjamin Millepied And Natalie Portman Attend "Black Swan" Premiere - Sep 03, 2010
- Mila Kunis new face of Dior - Jan 06, 2012
- Natalie Portman Wins Golden Globe Award For "Black Swan" - Jan 17, 2011
- Desi girls opt for western outfits for IIFA green carpet - Jun 26, 2011
- Natalie Portman strips for Dior ad - Aug 23, 2012
- Black Swan role should have been mine: Lindsay Lohan - Jul 15, 2011
- SAG Awards 2011 Red Carpet Dominated By Plunging Neckline - Jan 31, 2011
- Golden Globes Red Carpet Ruled By Nude Shades - Jan 17, 2011
- Sonam made a brave choice for Cannes red carpet: Designers - May 17, 2011
- Natalie Portman Speaks About Her Sex-Scene With Mila Kunis In "Black Swan" - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, academy awards ceremony, aishwarya rai, annual academy awards, best actress, christian dior, colour of the night, extra baggage, glamour quotient, gwyneth paltrow, kodak theatre, l wren scott, marchesa, mila kunis, nicole kidman, penelope cruze, red gown, red valentino, sheath dress, white gown