Stress taking its toll on Madonnas health, workJuly 22nd, 2008 - 1:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 22 (ANI): The stress of the past month is taking its toll on Queen of pop Madonna. So much so, its now starting to affect not only her health, but also her work.
Madge, whose Sticky & Sweet world tour is commencing soon, has sacked two of her dancers in a fit. Whats more, her bad moods also have her tour manager threatening to walk out.
Along with rehearsals for her show not going well, her health has also started to deteriorate and doctors have discovered that Madge is anaemic, a definite sign that she is overdoing it.
The Like a Virgin singer also suffered a painful knee injury and so she now has a doctor, physiotherapist and a chiropractor on duty during rehearsals for her forthcoming Sticky & Sweet world tour.
After having been told to take it easy she is now taking time out and resting in New York States Hamptons resort with close pal Gwyneth Paltrow.
The cause of her meltdown has been attributed to the crisis in her marriage to Guy Ritchie and allegations of a relationship between her and baseball star Alex A-Rod Rodriguez.
The other blow came from her brother Christopher Ciccone, who penned a book about her. The strain has pushed her famous mood swings to terrifying new extremes.
Madonna is doing less than OK. She has been rehearsing for the tour and she is totally miserable, the Sun quoted a source in her camp as saying.
Shes down physically and mentally. The situation with Guy is very, very tense. The way the press are going crazy with the A-Rod story, her brothers book and her physical exhaustion are all taking their toll.
Family tension with her father and two of her other siblings has also been awkward.
She feels nobody has taken her side. One of her closest pals says she has never seen Madonna so low. She has been feeling low and looking really gaunt.
Madonna was told to go soft on work and rehearsals, so she will now take one proper day off every week and go easy in the mornings.
She has a blood analysis done every few days including one during last Fridays rehearsal in front of everyone, the source added. (ANI)
- Madonna showing signs of stress over marriage trouble - Jul 22, 2008
- Madonna's penchant to date younger men is 'creepy', says estranged bro - Jan 25, 2011
- Madonna's love square with Jesus, A-Rod, Carlos Leon - Feb 11, 2010
- It's splitsville for Diaz, A-Rod? - Jun 03, 2011
- Madge wants A-Rod to spend Christmas with her in London - Dec 16, 2008
- Madonna spotted making out with 'new toy boy' - Oct 17, 2010
- Madonna 'desperately wants to work with' Lady GaGa - Aug 29, 2010
- Madonna not dating her choreographer - Oct 20, 2010
- Madge winked at ''beau'' A-Rod during Miami gig? - Nov 27, 2008
- Exhausted Madonna 'collapses twice during Bulgaria gig' - Sep 02, 2009
- Madge may make her love for A-Rod public, predicts seer - Jan 02, 2009
- Madonna collapses twice on stage in Bulgaria - Sep 02, 2009
- Guy Ritchie's new girl plays 'mum' to Madonna's sons on night out - Aug 22, 2010
- Madge angry with A-Rod for skipping boring Kabbalah classes - Nov 25, 2008
- Is Madonna Dating Choreographer Brahim Rachiki? - Oct 21, 2010