Starbucks unveils the 1.5-pint Trenta coffee cupJanuary 18th, 2011 - 11:51 am ICT by ANI
London, Jan 18 (ANI): Starbucks has launched a new super-size coffee cup, which is nearly a quarter of a gallon of coffee.
An imperial pint is a comparatively small 20oz, while its American equivalent is 16oz but the Trenta will be 8fl oz larger than the Venti cup for drinks.
Although the company didn’t mention the amount of caffeine in their new size cup, customers will probably only need that one cup to keep them awake most of the day - and half the night.
The new venture from Starbucks is part of the firm’s attempt to move beyond being a basic coffee chain.
‘Trenta’ is Italian for ‘thirty’ but the name might even be a reference to the Trenta valley in Slovenia.
“We have no plans to introduce the Trenta in the UK as our research shows there is not the demand for it. In the U.S. things are different so it is being launched over there,” the Daily Mail quoted a spokeswoman for Starbucks in the UK as saying. (ANI)
- Starbucks Corporation Launches Bigger Trenta Coffee Cups - Jan 18, 2011
- Starbucks chops off 'tall' from their drive-thru menu - Sep 09, 2010
- Tatas sign formal pact for opening Starbucks cafes in India - Jan 30, 2012
- Caffeine levels in water tied to contamination - Nov 22, 2011
- Starbucks Changes Its Logo, Mulls Product Expansion - Jan 06, 2011
- Starbucks Takes 'Tall' Drinks Off Drive-Thru Menu - Sep 09, 2010
- Starbucks Corp Plans "Coffee Theater" - Jun 26, 2010
- Burger King Free Coffee Offer A Boon For Coffee Lovers! - Nov 05, 2010
- Caffeine elevates estrogen levels in Asian women - Jan 27, 2012
- Caffeinated gum keeps Israeli pilots, commandos alert - May 18, 2012
- Starbucks eyes China market - Apr 03, 2012
- The latest drink and drive warning- but this time it's for coffee - Jan 07, 2011
- Mega-sized coffee, energy drinks 'laden with excess sugar, calories' - Feb 04, 2011
- Blame your genes for your addiction to coffee - Apr 09, 2011
- Coffee chases away depression in women - Sep 27, 2011