Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion WeekMay 26th, 2012 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 26 (IANS) Glamour may be synonymous with Bollywood, but the second day of the ongoing Rajasthan Fashion Week (RJW) here witnessed a unique amalgamation of sports and fashion when three players from the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Rajasthan Royals walked the runway for designer duo Rohit and Abhishek.
Cricketers Pankaj Singh, Ashok Maneria and Dikshant Yagnik from the Rajasthan Royals walked a different pitch, wearing sherwanis by the designer duo Friday.
“Fashion is not my cup of tea but everyone wants to look glamorous and this is the reason why I decided to walk the ramp for these designers, who are known for their sophisticated collection,” Maneria told IANS.
Rohit and Abhishek showcased a line named The Dance of Life. They used a vibrant colour palette comprising white, yellow, orange and green, and designed a formal look with bandhgalas, achkans and sherwanis coupled with breeches, Patialas, cowl and harem pants for men.
Their women’s wear collection was dominated by jackets, Jodhpurs and long skirts.
“Our endeavour is to highlight Jaipur on the international fashion map. The collection is our effort to give a wide choice to the youngsters while reviving long forgotten traditional wear,” said Rohit Kamra.
The second day of the fashion fiesta boasted of another unique feature when designer Rohit Verma turned showstopper for another designer, newbie Poonam Patel’s show. He was seen wearing an anarkali with peacock feather motifs.
Patel showcased an Indo-western collection with big motifs and a wide range of outfits ranging from semi-stitched dresses, tunics, kurta, saris, chaniya-choli and bridal wear. Delhi-based shoe designer Swati Mehrotra, who designs under the label Swati Modo, was the footwear partner for the designer’s show.
“Who says two designers can’t be friends. I think we (Rohit and Poonam) are the perfect examples who depict love and bonding between two designers,” Verma told IANS.
Ace Designer Pam Mehta’s show was also a high point of the day. She showcased a collection titled Floral Fiesta. The silhouettes ranged from saris to gowns topped with zari, resham and Swarvoski work.
The sensuous Riya Sen was her showstopper who walked in a lehenga sari in turquoise and gold.
“Pam wanted to portray me as a contemporary bride and I loved the attire,” Riya told IANS.
- 'Big Boss' gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma (With Images) - May 26, 2012
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- From glamour to business, Rajasthan Fashion Week promises to be grand - May 23, 2012
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Saris In Linen And Georgette To Be Showcased Soon! - Nov 29, 2010
- Turkish Empire recreated on ramp - Feb 20, 2012
- Draping a sari tough for me: Bipasha - Feb 19, 2012
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- No big stars shone on LFW ramp - Mar 16, 2011
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: anarkali, bridal wear, choli, colour palette, dance of life, fashion fiesta, fashion week, harem pants, international fashion, jodhpurs, mehrotra, peacock feather, poonam, rohit, saris, sherwanis, shoe designer, sophisticated collection, swati, vibrant colour