Soon, a film on Satyajit Ray’s character ShonkuMay 2nd, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 2 (IANS) Late filmmaker Satyajit Ray’s son Sandip Ray said on his father’s 92nd birth anniversary Wednesday that he will make a film on Professor Shonku, a character created by his father.
“I will make a film on Professor Shonku. Discussions are going on over the film about the sets that are needed, special effects, and graphics. However, who will play the role of Shonku is yet to be decided,” Ray told IANS.
To mark the Oscar-award winning late director’s birthday, a portal on Goopy Gayne, a comic character from the film, ‘Goopy Gayne Bagha Bayne’, was also launched.
Several people, including film personalities, visited Ray’s residence on Bishop Lefroy Road here to pay their tributes.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee also paid her respects to Ray at the state secretariat.
Also, the Bengali director’s five favourite foreign language films - “Bicycle Thieves”, “Rashomon” , “Metropolis”, “Battleship Potemkin” and “The Passion of Joan of Arc” - are being screened at the Nandan theatre.
To celebrate his father’s birthday, Sandip Ray played Western classical music.
“During his birthdays, it was mandatory for him to listen to it (Western classical),” Ray said.
- Satyajit Ray was a ruthless director, says son Sandip (Interview) - Apr 01, 2012
- Satyajit Ray's Goopy is no more - May 24, 2010
- Message from Puja pandal - change cometh in Writers Building! - Oct 13, 2010
- Singer Anup Ghoshal gets Trinamool ticket - Mar 15, 2011
- Rangan Chakravarty To Revive Stayajit Ray’s 'Gupi Bagha' - Dec 15, 2010
- Photos by Satyajit Ray on display at Kolkata filmfest - Nov 12, 2011
- Movie maestro Mrinal Sen turns 90 - May 14, 2012
- Celebrities becomes 'giant-killers' in Bengal polls - May 13, 2011
- No one in India has Satyajit Ray's 'Sikkim' print: Son - Sep 18, 2010
- Satyajit Ray's son coming up with Feluda movie - May 02, 2010
- Celebrities take on Left Front veterans for Trinamool - Apr 26, 2011
- Satyajit Ray's films to be showcased in New York - Apr 06, 2009
- Ban on Satyajit Ray's film 'Sikkim' lifted - Sep 18, 2010
- Disney Channel announces TV premiere of Ray's 'Feluda - The Kathmandu Caper' - Dec 24, 2010
- 3,000 films to be digitised under film heritage mission: Soni - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: bayne, bicycle thieves, birth anniversary, chief minister, comic character, film personalities, goopy, joan of arc, language films, lefroy road, mamata banerjee, oscar award, passion of joan of arc, potemkin, rashomon, sandip, satyajit ray, state secretariat, west bengal, western classical music