Sonia to get 3-tier security during Jammu and Kashmir visitApril 11th, 2008 - 3:19 pm ICT by admin
Srinagar, Apr 11 (ANI): Congress President Sonia Gandhis day-long visit to Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday has been secured by putting 3-tier security in place.
Gandhi will visit the biggest Kashmiri migrant camp in Purkhoo area and address a gathering of migrants, official sources said.
The CRPF personnel and state police have been deployed in and around the parade ground, sources said.
She is also expected to visit the Jagti migrant township in Nagrota, which is still under construction.
These venues have been sanitised by bomb disposal squads and Special Protection Group (SPG) personnel, sources added.
Congress secretary and in charge of Jammu and Kashmir affairs, Sanjay Bopanna, visited the Parade Ground to check the arrangements.
This is Gandhi’s second visit to Jammu and Kashmir in the past fortnight. She last visited the State on March 22 to inaugurate the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden in Srinagar. (ANI)
- Sonia to address rally in Srinagar - Apr 12, 2008
- Prime Minister inaugurates township for Kashmiri migrants in Jammu - Mar 04, 2011
- Kashmiri migrants protest, want free electricity - Sep 04, 2012
- PM's two-day Jammu visit from Thursday - Feb 28, 2011
- PM to visit Jammu March 5 - Feb 07, 2011
- Kashmiri Pandits to protest in Delhi - Oct 28, 2011
- Hospital, schools to be set up for Kashmiri migrants - Jul 23, 2011
- Kashmiri Pandits' sense of security to be restored: Omar - Mar 22, 2011
- Kashmiri migrants on hunger strike for hike in dole - Aug 31, 2012
- PM inaugurates township for Kashmiri migrants - Mar 04, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to visit Jammu Friday - Mar 03, 2011
- Package for pandits irk migrants from Jammu hills - Jun 21, 2012
- Chidambaram expresses displeasure over Services team not playing in Srinagar - Nov 04, 2009
- Refugees from Pakistani Kashmir threaten to occupy flats - Feb 18, 2011
- For Kashmiri Hindus and Muslims, Shivratri bridges a gap - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: bomb disposal, congress president, congress secretary, fortnight, gandhi memorial, indira gandhi, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, migrant camp, migrants, parade ground, sanjay, sonia gandhis, special protection group, state police, tulip garden