Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra’s showJuly 25th, 2011 - 3:18 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor dazzled Sunday night as she walked the ramp in noted fashion designer Manish Malhotra’s couture show as a surprise showstopper on the third-day of the ongoing Synergy1 Delhi Couture Week in the capital.
Dressed in white lehenga and heavily embroidered red backless overcoat with embellished gold work, the actress opened the designer’s bridal collection inspired from the old world charm and majestic opulence of royalty that prevailed in India during 1930-1940.
Actress Urmila Matondkar also made a rare guest appearance for Manish’s show.
The collection was an amalgamation of traditional and contemporary silhouettes with a touch of British influence.
“I have reinterpreted the 1930 and 1940s style of clothing in my designs. The collection had a flare of everything that a couture garment should have. I felt it’s the time to move away from duplication and revisit the classic style with glamorous look,” said Manish Malhotra.
The women’s wear included ghagaras, lehengas, suits and saris and the colour palatte ranged from cherry reds and burgundy with tones of mint green, aqua, and off whites.
Unlike other designers, Manish was the first one to show both women’s wear and men’s wear on the ramp at the ongoing couture week.
The men’s wear collection showcased heavily embroidered shervanis in shades of black, burgundy, royal blue, beige and gold.
“I also showcased men’s wear line because I thought why to keep the bridegrooms alone. They are as conscious of their style nowadays as the brides. It’s time they also get their due importance,” said Manish.
Also present in the front row was actress Sonakshi Sinha, who previously walked the ramp for Shantanu-Nikhil’s show, besides Shweta Nanda and Jas Arora.
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Manish Malhotra to open Delhi Couture week - Jul 12, 2012
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Papa Shatrughan gets emotional as Sonakshi walks the ramp - Jul 25, 2011
- Dia Mirza makes a lovely bride in white on ramp - Oct 30, 2010
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Ash winks, blows kisses at hubby at Couture Week opening - Oct 07, 2010
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Aishwarya to be Manish Malhotra's showstopper - Sep 27, 2010
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: bridal collection, bridegrooms, british influence, designer manish malhotra, fashion designer, gold work, guest appearance, jas arora, lehenga, nikhil, overcoat, rare guest, saris, shades of black, shantanu, showstopper, shweta nanda, sonam kapoor, urmila matondkar, world charm