Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach weddingSeptember 14th, 2012 - 1:45 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 14 (IANS) Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha says that she wants to be a simple bride whenever she gets married.
The actress walked the ramp for designer Jyotsna Tiwari Thursday on the second day of the India Bridal Fashion Week 2012, held in Mumbai.
“I want to be a simple bride when I get married. I want a beach wedding where I am running around on the sand in a white dress,” she said after the show.
The collection was called ‘Mystical Romance’. It showcased a variety of bridal pre- draped saris, sari gowns, anarkalis and lehengas in colours like black, gold, amber, coral, blue and red.
“One speciality of this collection is that it is a mix between a modern and a traditional bride,” the actress added.
Sonakshi looked spectacular in a red bridal lehenga-choli with heavy goldwork and gold jewellery.
The show was followed by a live advertisement by Saif Ali Khan for Sansui’s TV commercial for brush series. The advertisement came as a surprise with fireworks on the ramp and models dancing to peppy music as they came to the head ramp.
The actor looked handsome in a pearl white suit with a baby pink shirt. Laser lights which danced to the music made the show truly memorable.
Designer Narendra Kumar Ahmed showcased his collection next. The designer said his collection was inspired by French classical music among other things.
“I was inspired by French classical music of the 1900s. It has been inspired by the elegance of ballet as well. It is about the emotion behind the sound and not the sound itself,” he said after the event.
The collection had bridal wear for men and women as well. With saris, suits and jackets for women and heavy sherwanis and jackets for men.
The sets added to the look and feel of both the shows with six chandeliers hanging on the ramp.
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Kangana Models For J. J. Valaya - Jul 24, 2010
- Actresses Neha Dhupia, Prachi Desai walk the ramp at Mumbai's India Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Jaya Rathore explores heritage weaves for bridal line (With images) - Aug 18, 2011
- Dia Mirza walks ramp at Mumbai's fashion show - Oct 30, 2010
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Urmila Matondkar walks ramp in bridal attire - Oct 30, 2010
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Papa Shatrughan gets emotional as Sonakshi walks the ramp - Jul 25, 2011
- Esha Deol wants to be a 'runaway bride' - Mar 27, 2010
Tags: beach wedding, black gold, bridal fashion, bridal lehenga choli, bridal wear, coral blue, fashion week, gold jewellery, goldwork, laser lights, lehengas, mystical romance, pearl white, pink shirt, s tv, saif ali khan, sansui, sherwanis, traditional bride, white suit