Some easy tips to boost your vitalityApril 14th, 2010 - 1:43 am ICT by IANS
London, April 14 (IANS) Do you struggle to keep your eyes open even after a good night’s sleep or feel you are always in a slump? This simple plan will bring the energy surging back into your life.
Have a proper breakfast: When you wake up your blood sugar levels are at their lowest as you have been fasting while you sleep. So have a proper breakfast to energise your body.
Move your body: Physical activity tells your body to perk up so you need to stop equating mental tiredness with physical tiredness. Think of exercise as something that won’t take long and will leave you feeling exhilarated rather than exhausted.
Go easy on caffeine: Every time we drink something with caffeine in it, the body is stimulated to release insulin and blood sugar levels drop. As your blood sugar crashes your energy levels plummet leaving you unable to concentrate and craving unhealthy food. So cut back on the cappuccinos and diet colas and try drinking Chinese green tea or water instead. Fresh fruit juice or a smoothie will also help perk you up.
Put on your dancing shoes: Singing and dancing, even if it is in the privacy of your own home, will do wonders for your energy levels.
Try something new: High-energy people are always trying new things even when old and familiar patterns seem good enough. Experts agree that boredom is one of the most common energy zappers so try adding something new to your life.
Try a food you’ve never eaten, change your hair colour or book a long weekend to somewhere you’ve never been. An interest that absorbs you such as gardening or playing an instrument will also give you a boost.
- 10 ways to keep your mind sharp revealed - Feb 20, 2011
- Avoid coffee with fast food - Apr 01, 2011
- Energy drinks can be dangerous, says study - Jul 18, 2011
- The latest drink and drive warning- but this time it's for coffee - Jan 07, 2011
- How you like your coffee predicts your personality - Feb 09, 2010
- Glass of red wine can help regulate diabetes - Nov 22, 2010
- High acid levels in juices damaging kid's teeth - May 20, 2012
- Artificial pancreas to eliminate daily insulin shots - Jun 26, 2011
- Mega-sized coffee, energy drinks 'laden with excess sugar, calories' - Feb 04, 2011
- Tests on energy drinks soon, BJP activists told - Jul 25, 2011
- Snobbish bugs prefer coffee for beverage - Jun 08, 2011
- How to make your diet 'weekend-proof' - May 02, 2010
- Pair of liver molecules could control diabetes - Apr 09, 2012
- Popular energy shots nothing but 'caffeinated, sour tasting water' - Jan 31, 2011
- Coffee doesn't make you more alert - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,