Some cocktail recipes (To go with cocktail story)May 20th, 2011 - 10:12 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Here are some cocktail recipes to try at home:
1. Instant Karma: This has been concocted by Ajay and Menka Asrani.
They were inspired by music group Instant Karma’s rendition of the song, “Bahon Mein Chale Aao”, which brought on the right mood.
This cocktail has been inspired by a song from the music group Instant Karma.
Smirnoff 30 ml;
Freshly brewed black coffee 90 ml (chilled);
Cappucino ice cream 1 scoop;
Amaretto Almond liqueur 15 ml; and Coffee liqueur.
Preparation: Pour chilled black coffee into a large cup. Add Smirnoff & stir. Place 1 scoop of Cappuccino ice cream in it. Mix 15 ml each of Amaretto & Coffee Liqueur in a large spoon, run a flame under the spoon and as soon as the spirit catches fire, pour on the ice cream.
2. Sex in Mumbai: Prepared by the well-known Shatbhi Basu, this is a Vodka-based cocktail recommended for those who’ve been there, done that and enjoyed it - for the men and women of the world.
1 oz of vodka;
1 oz of cranberry juice;
1 oz orange juice; and
1 oz lime juice
Preparation: Fill tall glass with ice, add spirits, lime juice, orange juice and cranberry juice. Garnish with cherry and orange.
Alternates without cranberry juice:
Sex on Juhu Beach: Use a generous splash of strawberry crush (30 ml) to the spirits plus orange juice.
Sex on Chowpatty Beach: Switch the strawberry for 60 ml of tomato juice.
Sex at Alibag: Add a splash of campari (as per your requirement) to the spirits plus orange juice.
3. Bikini With Burqa: This one’s by Vinay Kant. A dark rum recipe, it pledges to whip up Mughal era grandeur with the new life - a blend of the old and the new.
60 ml of dark rum;
Lemon chunks 2 tbsp; and
Brown sugar 1 tbsp.
Preparation: Crush lemon chunks and brown sugar. Put 60 ml of dark rum. Shake not stir.
(The cocktails are sourced from Tulleeho Inc & Cuisine Cuisine.com)
- 10 quintessential cocktails for all occasions! - Jun 20, 2012
- Author backed cocktails to keep spirits soaring in Jaipur - Jan 20, 2012
- History and Recipes for National Margarita Day - Feb 23, 2010
- Some fruity, flavoured summer drinks (To go with summer drinks story) - May 23, 2011
- Not just plum, Christmas has more flavours this season (With Recipes) - Dec 22, 2010
- Two right royal recipes from an Indian princess (To go with IANS Book Review) - Jul 14, 2011
- This Easter, savour a variety of flavours - Apr 05, 2012
- Hemingway's favourite Cuban bar turns 195 - Jul 07, 2012
- Dr Oz: For Those Turning 40 - Oct 18, 2011
- 'World's most complex cocktail' Bloody Mary's flavour chemistry revealed - Mar 30, 2011
- Top secret Coca Cola recipe revealed! - Feb 15, 2011
- World's most expensive cocktail costs $1300 per glass! - Jul 11, 2010
- The fruit juice cocktail 'super-smoothie' that cuts heart disease risk! - May 05, 2011
- Cuban bar mixes giant cocktail - Jul 23, 2012
- Belgian bartenders create world record for cocktail - Aug 15, 2011
Tags: ajay, almond liqueur, black coffee, campari, cocktail recipes, cocktail story, coffee liqueur, cuisine cuisine, generous splash, instant karma, lime juice, menka, orange juice, sex in mumbai, smirnoff, tall glass, tomato juice, vinay, women of the world, world ingredients