Skincare products okay to use during RamadanAugust 13th, 2011 - 12:49 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 13 (IANS) All kinds of skin creams and lotions used externally do not amount to a violation of the fast during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, according to a religious edict issued in Dubai.
However, the use of kohl (traditional eye liner) should be avoided during Ramadan, as “it might reach the throat”, the Gulf News reported citing the edict.
The religious edict issued by the Dubai Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department said: “Using creams or lotions on the skin, whether they are absorbed through the skin or not, and whether they are for treatment, moisturising, beautification or any other purpose, do not break the fast. Unless something is swallowed by the fasting person, he or she would be able to continue their fast.”
It said a flavour associated with a cream or lotion also does not affect the fast as long as a person does not swallow a product.
The same applies to other lotions used to beautify the face or applied to the skin, including henna.
There was nothing wrong in using them, “but make-up should be avoided if it is likely to arouse physical desire in others”, it said.
- Celebrate Holi, but with care - Mar 18, 2011
- Creams used to treat eczema can make it worse - Nov 14, 2010
- Beckham uses Victoria's beauty products - Nov 13, 2010
- Protect skin with sunscreen, but use lightly - May 20, 2012
- Gisele Bundchen slammed for describing sun lotion as 'poison' - Feb 04, 2011
- Beat the summer - sleep well, eat well for glowing skin - Apr 18, 2012
- Cricket fans, go easy on face paint and wear cotton! - Mar 03, 2011
- Budget supermarket Aldi sells miracle cream at cut-price version - Oct 30, 2010
- Hilton to launch skin care products - Apr 25, 2011
- How to keep your skin glowing during monsoon - Jul 04, 2012
- Turmeric - Thandie Newton's beauty secret - Feb 22, 2012
- Muslims across India offer prayers on last Friday of Ramadan - Sep 03, 2010
- 10 do's and don'ts for a healthy, glowing skin - Nov 15, 2010
- Make Up Kit For Teenagers: Bare Essentials - Jan 20, 2011
- Over 350,000 fatwas expected to be issued by end of 2010 - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: beautification, charitable activities, dubai, eye liner, flavour, gulf news, holy month of ramadan, islamic affairs, kohl, lotions, month of ramadan, physical desire, ramadan, religious edict, skin creams, skincare products