Six showstoppers for Malini Agarwalla’s accessory showMarch 6th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 6 (IANS) Six women from different walks of life walked the ramp together for accessory designer Malini Agarwalla on the concluding day of the Lakme Fashion Week Tuesday.
Bollywood actresses Vidya Malvade and Madhoo Shah, TV anchors Mini Mathur and Maria Goretti and socialites Shaheen Abbas and Sharmila Khanna sashayed down the runway sporting Agarwalla’s accessories, created under her label Malaga.
The collection had a heavy dose of contemporary African tribal influence. The jewellery had designs like collars with rectangle extensions, dangling baubles with masks painted on them. Giant oval pendants, multi strands of wooden beads and a choker of two strands of gigantic beads were the lime light.
“The collection is inspired by KwaZulu-Natal (province in South Africa) and we have used beed work, metal, embroidery to put together a contemporary work of Africa,” Agarwalla told IANS.
The copper and gold colour jewellery stood out as the showstoppers walked the ramp with elan in all-black outfits.
“We wanted to put all these beautiful girls on the ramp and let people know anyone, of any size and shape can sport it and can look fabulous,” Agarwalla said.
Maria, who is not too fond of accessories, told IANS, “I don’t really wear jewellery but I am actually feeling wonderful. I am feeling fantastic. It was great fun that six women from different walks of life walked for one show,” she added.
- Indian lessons for Kenyan bead weavers (With Image) - Jan 08, 2012
- India a sensory overload: South African crafts designer (With image) - Jan 04, 2012
- Mandela's arrest site turned into memorial - Aug 07, 2012
- Nearly 300 rhinos killed in South Africa this year - Jul 19, 2012
- World's oldest bed found in South Africa - Dec 24, 2011
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Karishma will well reprise my 'Satte Pe Satta' role: Hema Malini - Aug 02, 2011
- Indian-origin political leader dies in South Africa - Dec 31, 2011
- South Africa dump Boxing Day Test for T20s - Jun 06, 2012
- 220 rhinos killed in South Africa this year - May 23, 2012
- ATM bombings continue unabated in South Africa - Jun 06, 2012
- World's oldest, Stone Age bed found in South Africa - Dec 24, 2011
- ATM attacks on the rise in South Africa - Feb 05, 2012
- To take part in South African festival, circumcise - Dec 22, 2010
- 800 delegates to attend PBD-Africa in Durban - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: baubles, beautiful girls, bollywood actresses, gold colour, heavy dose, lakme fashion week, lime light, malini, maria goretti, metal embroidery, mini mathur, natal province, shaheen, sharmila, showstoppers, socialites, tv anchors, vidya malvade, walks of life, wooden beads