Six out of 10 Brit women use bribery to get partners to do their bitMarch 11th, 2011 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 11 (ANI): A survey has found that six out of ten women in Britain would use bribery to get their boyfriends and partners to do their bit around the house.
And with the Six Nations tournament in full flow, the bribe of the moment is: “Hang this picture up and you can watch the rugby”.
Bribery is used most often when women want painting and decorating jobs done or pictures hung and coat hooks put up. The third most common usage is when some flat-pack furniture needs putting together.
While women may not own up to some of them, they admit telling their men they can buy an expensive gadget, followed by watching a favourite TV show or film, or, in third place, having a boys’ night out.
The survey by Bosch Power Tools says, it all means that 61 percent of Britons now never hire a handy man.
Men are getting wise to it, with 38 percent admitting they offer to complete a DIY task to qualify for one of the privileges.
“The idea of bartering for what we want is as old as the history of social interaction itself,” the Daily Express quoted psychologist Donna Dawson as saying.
“Taking this a step further by matching points to jobs and rewards appeals to our competitive natures. The reward becomes the goal and the job just happens to get done along the way,” she said.
When the man is rewarded he has the pleasure of knowing he earned it.
“The battle of the sexes is an age-old phenomenon and both sides are canny enough to see the benefit of a little domestic bargaining,” Chris Tidy, DIY expert from Bosch, said.
“DIY doesn’t have to be difficult. It’s in a man’s interest to comply,” Tidy added. (ANI)
- One in five men 'hates doing DIY' - May 16, 2010
- Why women win which side of bed to sleep? - Oct 19, 2011
- Girls in skimpy summer outfits cause men to crash cars - Jul 30, 2010
- Most popular and unpopular men of London Olympics - Aug 07, 2012
- Household tasks still divided on traditional lines in UK - Apr 18, 2011
- Forget losing weight, just get yourself a pair of smoothie pants! - Jan 27, 2011
- Men busy looking at scantily clad girls more likely to crash cars: UK study - Jul 30, 2010
- More than half of Brits scared of DIY - Mar 27, 2011
- One million PLEBS in UK are confused by modern everyday tasks - Mar 01, 2011
- 70 pc of Brit women like doing housework - Nov 13, 2010
- British women simply love porn - Jul 02, 2012
- One in five men hides savings account from partner - Apr 10, 2010
- Bosch unveils pressure washers for industrial use - Jul 14, 2012
- Healy, Foden like chalk and cheese - Jul 16, 2012
- Average couple has 135 rows a year - Jan 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,