Singles want friendship, not sexMay 4th, 2010 - 3:54 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, May 4 (ANI): A survey on nearly 150,000 romantic hopefuls has found that when looking for love, friendship is their number one priority, while sex was not thought to be that important.
The survey, by online dating website eHarmony.com.au, revealed that friendship and chemistry came in as the top two most popular relationship ideals among all age groups, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
Both genders placed friendship and chemistry as the two most important qualities, and while women placed more importance on kindness men did not.
Partners’ ability to communicate is seen as more important by women than men, and men placed more importance on enjoying physical closeness than women.
Where quality in a partner was concerned, both genders listed ten most sought after qualities.
1. Friendship between me and my partner2. Chemistry between me and my partner3. Enjoying the way I feel around my partner4. Having my partner be open with me about feelings5. My partner’s personality6. My partner’s kindness7. Romantic attraction I feel for my partner8. Being able to easily talk about personal problems with my partner9. Enjoying physical closeness with my partner10. Being able to discuss with my partner how I am feeling towards him/her
They also listed the top five least important qualities.1. Knowing that my spouse is usually to blame when things go wrong2. Importance of match’s income3. Importance of match’s religion4. Importance of match’s education5. Importance of match’s height (ANI)
- Focusing on your partner's looks can ruin your romantic relationship - Apr 09, 2011
- Macho men unhappy if female partners earn more - Jul 18, 2012
- Five styles of flirting identified - Nov 01, 2010
- What does a 21st century man really want? - Jul 21, 2010
- Friend from opposite sex may influence our relationship - May 05, 2012
- People with sense of humour more attractive - Aug 06, 2012
- Women feel emotions more intensely than men - Apr 14, 2011
- The easiest test in the world (The Funny Side) - Aug 03, 2012
- When a couple, men, women don't think differently - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Hunks' Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt top women's wish-list - Sep 12, 2010
- Women 'feel more intense emotion than men during conflict' - Apr 14, 2011
- What do Kiwi women want in their men? - Oct 31, 2010
- Olympics: Bolt hopes to 'continue flying' - Jul 28, 2012
- 6 out of 10 male drug-addicts abuse their intimate partners - Mar 04, 2011
- Britons crave to be hugged - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: age groups, both genders, chemistry, dating website, friendship, hopefuls, kindness, looking for love, match, morning herald, personal problems, physical closeness, priority, relationship, romantic attraction, sydney morning herald