Simpson wants women of all age group to wear her designsMarch 29th, 2011 - 2:44 am ICT by IANS
London, March 29 (IANS) Singer-actress Jessica Simpson wants women of all ages to wear her clothes from her fashion label.
The singer-and-actress - whose fashion empire is set to make $1 billion this year - says the clothes and accessories are aimed at a whole range of females as well as a variety of occasions.
“This will give the consumer something to dress up in, to feel like a lady, to feel sophisticated, yet it has some sort of funk and flair to it. It has a lot of style to it. It’s not your average suit or skirt. It has lots of fun details,” she told WWD.com.
“We wanted to change things up for the everyday working girl who wants to feel her age. It could be for a girl’s first job, or an internship. She could be in her 20s, 30s, even 40s. My mom would wear it, and she’s over 50,” she added.
Contactmusic.com reports that the 30-year-old beauty says her fashion range is her priority.
“It all works together. I really don’t look at myself as just one thing. I’m kind of scattered and like to have my hands in a lot of different projects. It makes me who I am. It’s what defines me. What I wear, what I sing, the songs I write, the projects I choose all have to represent Jessica Simpson.
“I wouldn’t take certain jobs if they were to take away from the positive role model that the Jessica Simpson Collection has allowed me to establish because this is my number-one priority,” Simpson said.
- Simpson to endorse maternity wear range - May 15, 2012
- Simpson in talks to judge 'The X Factor' - Mar 29, 2011
- Kirsten Dunst wants her own fashion collection - Mar 14, 2011
- Simpson loves to show off baby bump - Nov 18, 2011
- Simpson sisters team up for fashion - Jun 03, 2011
- Simpson plans to start wedding dress line - Jul 06, 2012
- Jessica Simpson wants 'plunging collarbone showing' wedding dress - Apr 16, 2011
- Maddona to launch shoe range - Mar 14, 2012
- Lopez is a classic dresser - Nov 20, 2011
- Wilkinson defends Jessica Simpson weight - Jul 12, 2012
- Jessica Simpson wants to design her own wedding dress - Apr 16, 2011
- Grandma my style icon: Miranda Kerr - Aug 10, 2012
- Jessica Simpson's fashion line expected to make $1bn in sales next year - Dec 07, 2010
- Simpson to launch jewellery collection - Aug 31, 2011
- Jessica Simpson thinks that her unborn baby is a girl - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, 20s 30s, 40s, actress, age group, clothes, fashion empire, fashion label, fashion range, females, first job, flair, internship, jessica simpson, london march, occasions, positive role model, priority, skirt, working girl