Shweta Nanda steals show from Brett Lee at couture weekJuly 26th, 2010 - 12:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) The audience erupted in applause and cheers when Shweta Nanda, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan’s daughter, walked the ramp for Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla, overshadowing Australian pacer Brett Lee who was also modelling for the designer duo.
This Mumbai-based designer duo is a Bachchan clan favourite and it was expected that a member of the family would walk the ramp for them at the just concluded Pearls Infrastructure Delhi Couture Week Sunday.
Dressed in a three-dimensional lotus motif dress, Shweta looked radiant and walked the ramp with poise, whereas Brett dressed in a beige dhoti and off-white sherwani looked a bit shy.
Through this line, the designer duo paid tribute to star singers Madonna, Lady Gaga and Kylie Minogue and the background score of the show played popular songs from their albums.
“Our collection is very sensual and sexy. We wanted to try out something different in terms of fusion and we are glad that the experiment worked,” Abu told IANS after the show Sunday.
The designer duo was showcasing in the capital after a gap of four years. Abu and Sandeep celebrated their long innings in the fashion world by showcasing their new ensemble titled Almost 24 this time.
The line had sensual saris, heavily embroidery empire line jackets, smart dresses and free-flowing gowns.
The range was divided into three different themes — Abaan, a journey through floral thread embroidery; Sonaar, a homage to “Sonar Kella”, the book and film by Satyajit Ray; and Shabb, a gothic black form.
- Abu-Sandeep ready to work on Bollywood project (With Images) - Jul 22, 2010
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
- Clothes were the real stars of Delhi Couture Week (Review) (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 26, 2010
- Brett Lee walks the ramp at Delhi Couture Week - Jul 26, 2010
- Bollywood ladies bless Ash at grand baby shower - Oct 19, 2011
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Ash draws fans in Kochi (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- LFW: Jatin Verma, Vizyon showcase a glamorous, gothic collection - Aug 04, 2012
- Abu-Sandeep celebrate silver jubilee in fashion industry (With image) - Aug 04, 2011
- When stars overtake models on ramp - Apr 09, 2011
- Rohit Gandhi-Rahul Khanna showcase travellers collection - Aug 29, 2010
- Dimple Kapadia is our silent muse: Sandeep Khosla - Aug 18, 2012
- Designer duo backs out, couture week opener off - Oct 11, 2009
Tags: abu jani, amitabh bachchan, applause, brett lee, dhoti, empire line, fashion world, gap, homage, kylie minogue, lady gaga, line jackets, member of the family, nanda, pacer, poise, popular songs, sandeep, sherwani, thread embroidery