Short height not a problem at Miss India Worldwide pageantJanuary 16th, 2009 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 16 (IANS) If you have got beauty, brains and oodles of talent but not adequate height to participate in a beauty pageant, do not worry as now you can take part in the PC Jewellers Miss India Worldwide pageant.“This pageant is not restricted by banalities like physical shortcomings, therefore the absence of height criteria and swim suit rounds makes it different from the conventional pageants,” Deepak Tijori of Tijori Entertainment told IANS.
“We have a talent round where these girls display their talents and, trust me, these girls have shown amazing potential,” he added.
Miss India Worldwide commenced 17 years ago and was meant primarily for the NRI population to select a beauty queen from the Indian Diaspora. But it was felt that the pageant without a participant from India would be incomplete.
Then Tijori Entertainment and Kaleidovision took its franchisee from the Indian Festival Committee (IFC), a pioneer organisation conducting Indian pageants and fashion shows, in the US and worldwide and now it is in its second year.
This year, the grand finale and awards will take place here Jan 31 and there will be sizzling performances by Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor and lead singer of the band Euphoria Palash Sen.
The contest is open to every girl holding an Indian passport within the age group 18-27. The winner will get a prize money of Rs.150,000.
The winner will also participate in the grand finale at Durban, South Africa later this year.
- Kareena, Katrina and Yana to sizzle at Miss India Worldwide pageant - Jan 22, 2009
- Models gather in Kochi for Miss Queen of India pageant - Mar 07, 2011
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Miss Kerala 2012: Three selected, 19 more to go - Sep 03, 2012
- Tibetan beauties showcase their talents in the Miss Tibet pageant - Jun 06, 2010
- Miss Mega Northeast Contest showcases unity among all - Mar 21, 2011
- Being beauty queen is about having character: Sushmita Sen - Jul 02, 2011
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Beauty Queen Amin Dhillon Prefers Bollywood 'Item Numbers' - Jun 16, 2010
- 30 contestants gear up for 'Miss Universe' crown - Apr 28, 2010
- Laurie Pierce Bags Miss Black Colorado Crown - Oct 11, 2010
- Walking the ramp for Tibet, their lost homeland - Jun 02, 2010
- Toronto girl is Miss India-Canada, Lisa Ray honoured (With Image) - Jul 27, 2011
- Six to compete for Miss Tibet title - May 28, 2011
Tags: actress kareena kapoor, banalities, beauty brains, beauty pageant, beauty queen, deepak tijori, durban south africa, fashion shows, festival committee, franchisee, grand finale, indian diaspora, indian passport, kareena kapoor, miss india, oodles, pageants, pioneer organisation, prize money, worldwide pageant