Short circuit creates panic at WIFWMarch 26th, 2010 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) A minor short circuit in a plastic installation at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) around 9:15 p.m. created panic among visitors Friday night, but was soon taken care of by security officials and show organisers, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI).
The installation - a tall, modern piece made of plastic - was among other such in the foyer area that leads to the main show areas at the event. The foyer usually has the maximum number of guests, but since a designer show was taking place, it was relatively empty.
An eyewitness to the incident told IANS: “A short circuit had occurred here. It was very minor and by the time the safety guards came in, some flames could be seen. But everything was fine after a fire extinguisher was used.”
WIFW was stalled for a day after the capital’s fire control department said it did not have fire clearance for the event. This led to cancellation of all the shows that were to be held on the opening day (Wednesday) of the five-day fashion gala.
The show resumed Thursday after FDCI received the permit.
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Japanese designers to showcase at WIFW - Feb 07, 2012
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- WIFW Autumn-Winter 2011 to start April 6 - Dec 16, 2010
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Delhi Couture Week to be held July 20-24 - May 26, 2011
- WIFW gets grander with bigger venue, 115 designers - Oct 22, 2010
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- Bollywood marks its presence on fourth day at WIFW - Apr 10, 2011
- It's traditional over glitzy saris for Sharmila! (WIFW Diary) - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: cancellation, fashion design council of india, fdci, fire control, fire extinguisher, flames, foyer area, friday night, india fashion week, Life Style, maximum number, New Delhi, number of guests, opening day, safety guards, security officials, short circuit, wills lifestyle india fashion week