Shilpa, Chitrangada mesmerise at WIFW finaleOctober 28th, 2010 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 28 (IANS) In the backdrop of a majestic white set, showstoppers Shilpa Shetty and Chitrangada Singh sashayed the ramp as designer Tarun Tahiliani brought the curtains down on the latest edition of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week with a grand show.
Two larger than life trees were fabricated at the entry of the ramp and the show area was lit with orange, green, blue, red and yellow lights. The entire ramp was made of white jute while the ceilings were draped with white stripes.
Even though it was the grand finale, Tarun stuck to what he is best at — contemporary designs with western silhouettes.
“Tarun has been like family to me. He is absolutely adorable. What is the best thing I like about him is that he brings out a new avatar in me every time and I love to walk for him,” said Shilpa who looked stunning in a white lehenga and a net blouse.
On the other hand, actress Chitrangada set the ramp on fire as she walked in a silk blush gauze saree encrusted with crystallised elements.
Tarun’s collection titled “New Democracy”, aimed at providing a new direction to India’s textiles, prints, fabrics, weaves and colours.
“As we get westernised, our Indianness is getting lost somewhere. My collection is an attempt to bring it back with the use of Indian handlooms and drapes,” said Tarun.
“My inspiration has never been wealthy women. I get inspired by the poor or those on streets, because that’s where you find the real Indianness,” he added.
The collection included a range of kaftans, sarees, dresses, skirts, Jodhpuri trousers, churidars and lehengas. A turban and odhani fall enhanced the entire look of the line donned by the models on the ramp.
While fabrics included silk chiffons, voile, georgette and satin, the colour palette had hues and tints of sand, ivory, beige, taupe and charcoal. The collection also saw a lot of bandhani appliques and chikankari work.
The show came to an end with a thunderous applause as models danced to live music played by Sufi singers.
- Shilpa Shetty And Chitrangada Singh Walk The Ramp On WIFW Closing Night - Oct 29, 2010
- Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand way - Nov 21, 2010
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: appliques, chitrangada singh, churidars, colour palette, contemporary designs, gauze, georgette, grand finale, india fashion week, indian handlooms, larger than life, lehenga, mesmerise, new democracy, shilpa shetty, thunderous applause, wealthy women, western silhouettes, white stripes, wills lifestyle india fashion week