Sheep with two heads born in Middle East!November 4th, 2008 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 4 (ANI): A sheep has given birth to twin lambs at a refugee camp in the Middle East one of which is born with two heads.
Although one of the twins is normal, the two-headed sheep has been branded a holy lamb by its owner, who said the lambs birth is Gods Will.
“This year the sheep gave birth to twins. The first one was a normal lamb and with the second lamb the legs came out first. Then suddenly we saw two heads. That is God’’s will, The Telegraph quoted the owner Mohammed Moussab, as saying.
The two-headed lamb is unable to stand on its own two feet and has trouble feeding in a natural way.
Because of this, it is being rejected by its mother who is finding it difficult to bond with the lamb.
“She’’s treating the twins differently. The mother takes care of the first normal one more than it does for the other because it has two heads. The mother doesn”t come towards the two-headed sheep but sometimes it will get closer to it, the owner said.
Veterinarians have revealed that the animal will survive if proper care is taken by the owner, who said he will not butcher the lamb, as its God’’s own creature. (ANI)
- Baa! Sheep can memorise 50 other sheep faces - Oct 03, 2011
- Chinese farmer claims sheep gave birth to 'puppy' - Mar 26, 2011
- Piglet with two snouts born in China - Dec 14, 2011
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- Mother abandons its Dalmatian lamb - Aug 10, 2012
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- Lambs offer clues to why kids born to obese mums are fat - Mar 15, 2011
- Old court documents reveal that Josh Powell had threatened his mother with a knife - Feb 09, 2012
- Pregnancy can't be planned, but won't mind adopting: JLo (Interview) - May 15, 2012
- Dieting pregnant women likely to have obese children - Apr 03, 2012
- Two-headed pig born in Russia - Jul 26, 2012
- Eid-ul-Zuha is about the spirit of sacrifice (Comment) - Nov 07, 2011
- Delhi's star goat this Eid costs Rs.1.5 lakh - Nov 06, 2011
- Montana cow gives birth to triplets - Apr 23, 2011
- Lost seal pup finally found in Skegness - Jan 19, 2012