She blunders through to find her Prince CharmingMarch 17th, 2011 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 17 (IANS) An interesting insight into women’s lives has been offered through a British study which states that an average woman will kiss 22 men, have four long-term relationships and get her heart broken five times before meeting “the one”.
The path to true love will also see her endure six bad dates, have six one-night stands and be cheated on four times before finding her perfect match, the Daily Express reported the study as stating.
A typical woman will have met at least one partner online, been taken on holiday by three different men and had three long- distance relationships, says the study.
One-in-five even say they have a child with someone else before finding their soulmate - and most have lived with two men before they meet Mr Right.
The average man, in contrast, will make slightly more of his single days, kissing 23 girls and having 10 one-night stands before getting round to settling down.
But he will also have his heart broken six times, says the survey of 2,000 people.
Men are also more likely to be dumped or cheated on, revealed a poll by meeteez.com, a free Facebook dating website.
Spokesman Dean Adams said: “We all know how hard it can be to find the right one, but seeing it added up like this makes for terrifying reading.”
“It’s a wonder we get involved with the opposite sex at all. But we all know how great it is when you first meet someone you have a spark with.”
“It’s just a shame we have to live through so much before finding the partner of our dreams,” he added.
The survey also reveals that the average woman will have her first boyfriend at 15, and date nine men before settling down. She will be dumped four times and will break up with someone five times.
But once they come across their perfect match, women know it’s him within the first four weeks.
“The good news from this survey was that most of the people surveyed reckoned that they had found ‘the one’ before they were 30 - so it’s not all despair,” Adams said.
- Your prince charming is 22 kisses away - Mar 18, 2011
- Your Mr. Right is 22 kisses, 5 heartbreaks away: Study - Mar 17, 2011
- Women 'get drunk before having sex because they lack confidence' - Mar 13, 2011
- Average woman dates dozen men, spends over $2K before finding Mr Right - May 10, 2010
- Women can be more promiscuous than men - May 19, 2012
- British women admit one-night stands on holidays - Jun 19, 2012
- Women more likely to cheat than men, reveals survey - Dec 31, 2010
- Brit woman sleeps with 20 strangers in desperate bid to get pregnant - Aug 17, 2010
- A third of unfaithful British mothers had one-night stand - Apr 06, 2010
- Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- No relationship unless SMS in 36 hours of first date - Oct 20, 2011
- Woman finds Mr.Right - after dating 1,000 men! - Jan 12, 2010
- Women 'more attracted to men whose feelings are unclear' - Feb 08, 2011
- Woman dates 24 men to find 'Mr Right' - Apr 26, 2010
- Women love to date, no matter who pays - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: average man, blunders, daily express, dean, dean adams, facebook, insight, london march, long distance relationships, long term relationships, march 17, one night stands, perfect match, prince, shame, six times, spokesman, true love, two men, typical woman