Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012January 31st, 2012 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 31 (IANS) Designer duo Shantanu-Nikhil will Feb 15 open the autumn-winter edition of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week( WIFW) 2012 at the Pragati Maidan here.
WIFW organiser Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) Tuesday announced the names of the designers who will feature at the 19th edition of the event.
“FDCI is thrilled to have ace designer duo Shantanu and Nikhil to open WIFW 2012, that so befits the glitz and glamour that they are known for and hence the apt choice to unveil the biggest fashion event of the year,” FDCI President Sunil Sethi said in a statement.
The designer duo, known for their luxurious and elegant collection, will showcase their S&N; Drape bridge line, and said they were “extremely excited to open the show”.
During the five-day gala, 138 designers will showcase their collections on the ramp and on the racks. Abraham and Thakore, Anand Kabra, Anju Modi, Gaurav Gupta, Meera and Muzaffar Ali, Manish Malhotra, Rahul Mishra, Rocky S, Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Abdul Halder, Charu Parashar, Wendell Rodricks, James Ferreira and Gauri and Nainika are some of the well known names that will take part in the event.
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- 17 brands to participate in India Mens Week - Aug 21, 2011
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- FDCI forms new board, Sethi remains president - Mar 01, 2011
- WIFW kicks off, creatively done up venue surprises guests - Apr 06, 2011
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Top Designers To Showcase Their Creations At WIFW This Weekend In New Delhi - Oct 20, 2010
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: anand kabra, anju modi, apt choice, autumn winter, bridge line, fashion design council of india, fashion event, fdci, gaurav gupta, glitz and glamour, india fashion week, manish malhotra, muzaffar ali, parashar, pragati maidan, rohit bal, sunil sethi, tarun tahiliani, wendell rodricks, wills lifestyle india fashion week