Shahnaz Husain’s daughter pens mother’s biography (With Image)April 17th, 2012 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) Well-known beauty expert Shahnaz Husain’s writer daughter Nelofar Currimbhoy has penned a biography of her mother’s journey from her childhood, early years of marriage, her years of struggle as an entrepreneur and her family life.
The book is titled “Flame: The story of my mother Shahnaz Husain”.
Currimbhoy says the idea of a biography on her mother came almost out of the blue during a casual chit-chat session with Husain at a coffee shop.
“One day me and my mother were sitting at a coffee shop and she came across a book written on Gulzar by his daughter.
“At that very moment, she expressed her desire for a book written on her. This inspired me to write a book mentioning her journey to stardom. The book will provide a fascinating picture and insight into her personal and professional life,” Currimbhoy told IANS.
This will be the first ever detailed biographical account of Husain’s life and she is overwhelmed with her daughter’s work.
“I am not only touched, but totally overwhelmed to think that my daughter has written this fascinating biography that traces both the personal and professional journeys of my life,” Husain told IANS.
Husain, who is the CEO of Shahnaz Herbals Inc, and a Padma Shri awardee, initially wanted to pen an autobiography. But she is content with the biography for now.
“I had always planned that I would write my autobiography one day. But, I think this biography written by my daughter is just as momentous, because she is the one person who has been so much a part of my phenomenal journey to success… from one herbal salon to a global network of ventures,” she added.
The book, priced at Rs.295, will be available at book stores from April 24.
- For M.F. Husain, Shahnaz Husain was empress Noor Jahan (With Images) - Jul 03, 2011
- Spirituality, drama and women...Read on (IANS Books This Week) - Apr 21, 2012
- Aishwarya happy playing mom: Abhishek - Mar 12, 2012
- Zohra Segal an egotist but firm mother: Daughter - May 20, 2012
- Shahnaz to open cosmetics outlet at London's Selfridges - Aug 02, 2010
- From billboards to Madhuri: Husain's love affair with cinema - Jun 09, 2011
- Dynasty rooted in Indian political tradition: Writer Zareer Masani - Feb 14, 2012
- New biography throws intimate light on Sonia Gandhi - Oct 10, 2011
- A.R. Rahman launches his biography - Apr 07, 2011
- Shahnaz Husain Group Opens Shahnaz Herbal Salon At Kolkata - Aug 07, 2010
- Zohra Sehgal celebrates her century with 'official biography' (With Image) - Apr 28, 2012
- Mukherjee 'delighted' his book among top 100 best non-fiction - Aug 31, 2011
- Never thought Mao's biography would be an expose: Writer - Nov 24, 2011
- SRK writes foreword for Anupama Chopra's new book - May 24, 2011
- Lahore's Hira Mandi: a love affair - Feb 09, 2012
Tags: april 24, autobiography, awardee, beauty expert, biographical account, chit chat, coffee shop, global network, gulzar, herbals inc, journey to success, journeys, New Delhi, out of the blue, padma shri, pens, professional life, shahnaz herbals, shahnaz husain, stardom