Sex therapist says Oz men struggle with rejection in bedroomMarch 26th, 2011 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 26 (ANI): A sex therapist has said that Australian men are struggling with rejection in the bedroom.
Bettina Arndt said women, who cook and clean for their men, might be better off giving them what they really want - sex.
Arndt, who is coming to Byron Bay and Brisbane for a series of relationship talks, said many women would rather eat chocolates, get a good night’s sleep, read a good book “or read any book” than have sex.
“Women are shutting up shop. They work so hard to please their partners by keeping a beautiful house and cooking nice meals and so on, when a 10-minute bonk might be a better option every now and then,” the Courier Mail quoted her as saying.
Arndt interviewed 150 men for a new book, ‘What Men Want In Bed’, and found many of them were locked in a “heroic” emotional struggle over their love for their partners and their inability to get enough or, in some cases, any sex.
“A lot of men talk about the fact they do find it difficult to be constantly rejected,” she said.
“One man I interviewed has gone for 20 years without sex in his marriage but continues to be an absolutely faithful and loving husband.
“He desperately wants sex but doesn’t want to have affairs or visit prostitutes. It’s a pretty heroic struggle and many men remain stoic about it,” she revealed.
She said she was “certainly not” advocating women give sex on demand.
“I’m not saying they should just lie there and think of England,” she said.
“But mismatched desire is one of the biggest problems in relationships and it’s something couples have to talk about and work through.
“Most of us don’t want to live with our room-mate or sister - intimacy is what makes relationships unique,” she added. (ANI)
- What men want in bed in two words - more sex! - Sep 02, 2010
- Just do it: sex therapist's advice to wives - Mar 24, 2009
- It's official: Men are hornier than women - Dec 04, 2010
- Oz author's 'Just Do It' sex moan raises stink - Apr 05, 2009
- New Indian novels mirror contemporary man-woman relationships - May 16, 2012
- Women more nostalgic than men about sex with ex - Sep 21, 2012
- How to bring back the 'zing' in your sex life - Aug 27, 2010
- Hard core porn destroys sexuality, emotions in men - Oct 14, 2010
- Cheating is the norm, not exception, in men - Jan 09, 2012
- Ray J releases book on infidelity - Feb 23, 2012
- Why can't wives cook the mothers' way - Mar 16, 2012
- Women seek relationship, men prefer hooking up - Apr 08, 2010
- Sex is the price women pay for relationships: Stephen Fry - Oct 31, 2010
- Leighton Meester Speaks About Her Role In "The Roommate" - Feb 05, 2011
- Top 9 sex-related myths busted - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: australian men, bonk, brisbane, byron bay, couples, courier mail, emotional struggle, heroic struggle, intimacy, loving husband, many men, melbourne, men struggle, prostitutes, rejection, room mate, sex on demand, sex therapist, sex women, what men want in bed