Sex is Britons mantra to beat credit crunchFebruary 25th, 2009 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Although many companies are hard-hit by economic crisis and unemployment, the seduction industry is booming like never before.
More couples are spending on weekends in expensive hotels and meals in posh restaurants for steamy nights in, which has boosted sales for firms selling stuff to spice-up the bedroom action.
There has been a boom in the sales of sexy lingerie as women look towards adding some zest to their love lives.
Sex toy and love potion sellers say that profits are through the roof.
Beauticians have a similar reaction, as they claim that theres been roaring trade in spray tanning, pedicures and manicures as women dress to impress their fellas.
A seminar at the Harrogate Lingerie and Swimwear Exhibition claimed that the cash crisis might just trigger a baby boom in nine months.
The seduction industry is one sector that seems to be defying the credit crunch, the Daily Star quoted Stylist Faye Sawyer, whose clients include the stars of TV talent show The X Factor, as saying.
People may be taking more care of their cash but they are also taking more care of themselves.
If you cant afford to go out you stay in, and if you stay in there is one sure fire way of passing the time that doesnt cost a penny.
But the art of love takes time and effort. The lingerie industry is responding to that demand, she added.
Stephanie Baker, whose Fun Factory store specialises in sex toys and love potions, said: Business is booming for us.
Keith Hyams, whose company Cake Lingerie makes exotic undies for pregnant women, said: The credit crunch has been a disaster for many firms but weve never had it go good. Were one underwear firm that isnt going bust.
Beautician Lois Robinson, who runs the Bizou Boutique in Yarm, North Yorks, said: Women may be skimping on the shopping but when it comes to looking after themselves they aren”t cutting back. (ANI)
- Bundchen's lingerie ad under scanner - Oct 01, 2011
- Hindus upset with goddess Lakshmi image on a Potion promoted as boosting sex - Feb 22, 2011
- Cheap jewellery, sex toys worst presents, say women - Mar 06, 2012
- Erotic bestseller spurs sale of fetish products - Aug 17, 2012
- China, a major producer of the world's sex toys - Apr 25, 2012
- Love Hewitt throws sex party for friends - Jan 16, 2010
- 'Bondage girl' Carmen Electra loves playing with sex toys - Sep 15, 2010
- How to turn yourself into a femme fatale - Apr 09, 2010
- Sexy Russian spy Anna Chapman nude in January issue of Playboy - Dec 22, 2010
- US Lingerie Football League goes to Canada (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- How Brit girls' undies are giving the economy a sexy boost - May 28, 2010
- Women crave sex nearly as often as men - Apr 19, 2010
- Carmen Electra's girl-on-girl kiss steams up fiance's music video - Oct 22, 2010
- American lingerie football goes to Canada - Apr 13, 2011
- US hookers flocking to Facebook to advertise their services - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: baby boom, cash crisis, credit crunch, hyams, lingerie industry, lois robinson, love potion, love potions, north yorks, passing the time, pedicures and manicures, posh restaurants, sex toys, sexy lingerie, spray tanning, steamy nights, stephanie baker, tv talent, x factor, yarm